Bonjour!

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
singingstar1216

Bonjour!

Postby singingstar1216 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:51 am

A few things you should know about me are that I love to sing, act, and write. I've performed in several musicals and plays, my favorites being Bah Humbug where I played Fanny, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow where I played Katrina, and Les Misérables (Les Mis) where I was one of the soloists in "At the End of the Day." And currently I'm rehearsing for an upcoming performance in November. I'm Éponine's understudy. My favorite musical EVER is Les Mis. I'm pretty much a Les Mis nerd. A few other musicals I love are Jekyll and Hyde, Sweeney Todd, Wicked, Oliver, The Sound of Music, Phantom of the Opera, Bah Humbug (a musical version of A Christmas Carol), and Little Women. I tend to prefer musicals where the singing is more classical with the exception of Wicked. My favorite song in the world is "On My Own." My favorite non-musical movie is Titanic. Yes, I will proudly admit that I love all that sappy stuff. Another thing I love is fashion from way back in ancient times to about the year 1914. But once you get close to the twenties, the styles become too modern for my tastes. Not that I walk around wearing frilly gowns every day, but I definitely love dressing up and going to reenactments. I collect historical fashions, antiques, and pretty much anything related to history before 1915. I'm not going to take the time to list all my favorite books, but in general, I love ghost stories, fantasy, mysteries, sci-fi (sometimes), historical fiction, classics, and pretty much anything that will scare me out of my wits. Here's my wattpad page: http://www.wattpad.com/user/AnnEdelstein my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/schoolplaystars1214
Figment page: http://figment.com/users/34942-Ann-Edelstein

Acaila

Re: Bonjour!

Postby Acaila » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi, welcome to Abaisse :)
If you're a Les Mis nerd, I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum. Have you read the novel yet?
Do take a little while to familiarise yourself with the Important Info forum: viewforum.php?f=1 That's got all the answers to the questions most new members have and will tell you what you need to know about the forum, but also do feel free to ask if you have more questions that it doesn't cover.
Do you have anything in particular you'd like us to call you?
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Hello! It's nice to meet you, and thanks for starting some nice threads already. :D There's a historical fashion thread you may be interested in, too, if you haven't seen it already.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:52 pm

Welcome. You will fit in quite well here. :D It's a Les Mis nerd thing. Of the roles you've played, which was your favorite? (I, for one, am not an actress)
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

singingstar1216

Postby singingstar1216 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:09 am

Well, I really can't pick one favorite role because I've loved so many. But my favorites (plural) were Fanny in Bah Humbug, Katrina in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Madeline in The Fall of the House of Usher, and my current role as Éponine's understudy.
Love is beautiful, but beauty is not love.

singingstar1216

Postby singingstar1216 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:13 am

Oh, and I didn't see the previous response. I've read the information and it was very helpful. And you can call me Ann. Thank you!
Love is beautiful, but beauty is not love.

Return to “Introductions”