Hi I'm Dodger

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
LadyEponine

Hi I'm Dodger

Postby LadyEponine » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:43 am

Hi everyone! I stumbled across this forum while googling tips on how to write Bahorel (thanks by the way to whoever started that post). Anywho, you can call me Dodger! I'm 17 and am rather strange, but I'd like to think I'm nice. So, lets be friends, yeah?

I am a massive noob when it comes to forums, this is the first one I have ever joined, I read the rules and such as closely as I could so hopefully I'm not a total failure at this. I'm a bit new to the Les Mis fandom as well, I got very into it when the 2012 movie came out and have been hooked ever since. I'm currently at the middle of the beginning of the good old brick.

I am very into writing which has led to me writing loads of Les Mis fanfiction that I end up not posting because I worry it's not good enough/no one will like it. Hopefully I'll learn something here and gain a little confidence. I'm also currently looking for a good beta? If anyone out there knows Les Mis and knows it good and would like to help a girl out, that'd be spectacular!

I can't wait to really get into this place and explore and meet you super rad people!

-Dodger

Acaila

Re: Hi I'm Dodger

Postby Acaila » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:49 am

Hooray! A newbie who comes with a nickname already formed! :D
Hello Dodger, I'm Acaila aka Fun Pack aka FP, the compulsive nickname giver of Abaisse :D
Welcome to our marvellous forum!
If you're looking for details on Les Mis, you have certainly come to the right place :)
Please do get involved, we don't bite and I'm sure you will learn a lot if you do get involved and ask questions. We "knows it good" as you say :D
And reading the Brick is the very best thing you can do! All of fandom comes back to there eventually, that's what happens in something that has so many adaptations as Les Mis - only the original is canon really.
The best way to meet us "super rad people" (ooooh flattery will get you everywhere ;)) is to come join us in Le Cafe Mu(in)sain thread in General Discussion. No you don't have to read all 1500+ pages, just the last few is fine :D But that's where we all hang out and get to know each other.
Where are you from? Do you have a favourite character? How did you get into Les Mis? :D
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:50 am

Hi, Dodger! A pleasure to have you on board! You can thank Despard for that, though Despard doesn't come around much (at all) anymore. I look forward to reading all the inevitable Bahorel fanfiction you're sure to supply! :D
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:53 am

Hello Dodger! Nice to meet you. And that nickname is awesome. See you in the Musain thread!
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:29 am

Well, I'll start by saying I absolutely love your name. :mrgreen: We need a Dodger around here. And I'll second (or third, I suppose) the request to join us in the Mu(in)sain; it's great fun, and everyone's exceedingly nice. And, as you can see by the number of pages, we're a pretty chatty bunch. :wink: And hey, it's my first forum, too! :mrgreen: High five! I've been here for while, now, though not long in comparison to others, but it's still my first (and only) forum, and everyone here was great about helping me with things I didn't understand. And teaching me internet-speak, a task still largely unaccomplished. :wink: But anyway, welcome, Dodger, and hope to see you around!
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

LadyEponine

Postby LadyEponine » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:40 pm

I hope this is the proper way to reply to everyone, (lord I feel like a noob!).

Thank you for the name compliments! It's nice to meet everyone too, I feel a lot better now that I see people here really are nice and I don't feel so intimidated. I've been curious about this Mu(in)sain thread thingy, I'll probably wander through this week and find a place to join in on things. And I feel much better about a fics now, if I can get them through you all first I'll know it's at least worth something.

In response to Acaila (I like that name!), I'm currently living in Kentucky :\, but my accent is a little different because I was raised around my European grandparents and I guess I picked up on their ways of speaking.
I have a lot of favorites, but I think Éponine comes out on top. I fell so in love with Samantha Barks' portrayal of her it was perfect.
Well, I first discovered Les Mis from my sister when she brought home the symphonic recording and I heard Do You Hear The People Sing? I only listened to that one song because I thought it was so awesome, but then years and years later the movie came out and my sister drug me to see it and I wasn't very interested, but then slowly I was engrossed in it by the end.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Hello! :mrgreen: Welcome to the insanity, Dodger. This was my first forum, too, and it's not as scary as it can sometimes look, as you seem to have found out. :wink: Nice to meet you!

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:28 am

Nice to meet you, Dodger! I might make some really lame Oliver Twist references around you, I'm sorry. But you have a cool name and you seem like a cool person so welcome!

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

Return to “Introductions”