Hello

Introduce yourself to the rest of us!
Enjolvert

Hello

Postby Enjolvert » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Would just like to introduce myself since I'm new to the forums. I've been looking around for an active discussion place for Les Mis, but I wasn't able to find any that are incredibly active. I found this place though, which seems to be okay for activity at times so I look forward to posting here.

Anyway, I've only recently became a fan. Entered for a school production a couple of months ago, got the part of Combeferre and ever since then I've become a massive fan. Currently reading the book too and nearly finished with it. All I can say is that it's made me an even bigger fan and it's probably one of the best books that I've ever read.

I'm sure that as you can see, my username will tell you that my two favourite characters are Javert and Enjolras. Truth be told though, I think that they're all great characters in one way or another.

Anyway, I look forward to talking about all things Les Mis, whether it be related to the show, book or anything else to do with it. :D
The law is unjust.

Mlle_Alexandrie

Re: Hello

Postby Mlle_Alexandrie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:04 pm

You were in Les Mis?! Lucky!!!!

Anyway, welcome to Abaisse! Everyone's really nice here, there are a ton of interesting topics, you'll love it, etc. etc. etc. Seriously, though, Abaisse is awesome-- I met some of my closest friends on this site. :D

Javert is one my favorite characters, too! What's your favorite part of the Brick and/or musical?
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

Enjolvert

Postby Enjolvert » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Not been in it yet! Show will be in a couple of weeks so I'm in full Les Mis mode now! For a school, our cast is superb.

The place looks good. Seems quite quiet at times but things will probably improve as the new movie comes up, as it seems to be receiving a lot of attention.

As for favourites in the musical, it's difficult to say. So many great ones. If I had to pick, it would be the ABC Cafe and The People's Song combined together, which are both brilliant. Stars is one of my favourites too, as is Javert's Suicide. Pretty much all of the songs are great though and I'm a massive fan of all of the big songs. For acting, all of the barricade stuff is great to do because it's not really set in stone and you can play about with it each time.

As for the book, again there's a lot to mention. The barricade stuff is brilliant, with Enjolras' and Grantaire's death being one of the most touching parts in the book for me. I liked the section about Valjean going to get Cosette from the Inn, Javert's suicide was well written, and I enjoyed the whole section about the robbery, with everything that was going on and the many different sub-plots that came from it.
The law is unjust.

Mlle_Alexandrie

Postby Mlle_Alexandrie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:51 pm

My school miiiiight be doing Les Mis next year-- if they do, I will quite literally die of happiness. :lol:
Last edited by Mlle_Alexandrie on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

Enjolvert

Postby Enjolvert » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:57 pm

You'd really love to do it. It's great. What part do you think you'd suit or like to go for?
The law is unjust.

Mlle_Alexandrie

Postby Mlle_Alexandrie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Honestly, I'd like to just be part of the ensamble-- one of the Factory Girls/Lovely Ladies/Etc. While I love to sing and act, I've always prefered to be sort of in the background, where I can still have fun performing, but without the pressure of being directly in the spotlight.

Return to “Introductions”