Read-Through Mods Wanted!

Abaissé re-reads the novel in its entirety! All welcome, no matter whether you're reading in French or some other translation. Discussion topics for each step along the way.

Moderators: Charlette-Ollie, Ulkis, Frédérique

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Read-Through Mods Wanted!

Postby MmeJavert » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:42 am

We need two or three people who would like to be in charge of posting the new discussion threads. Only mods will have permission to post new threads in this board.

Mods will need to post the new discussion topics in a timely fashion. New threads will include the 'deadline' for having read the book, the title of the book being read, and the names of the different chapters in the content of the thread itself. How you do this is up to you but it's suggested that all mods use the same basic format. It's also up to you which translations you use but it's also strongly suggested to mention the French titles somewhere as a jumping off point.

Please ONLY respond to this thread if you are interested in being involved in the discussion. You are not excluded if you think you're going to be busy during the read-through -- we will have several mods in charge for that reason. But please do not volunteer if you honestly don't think you'll keep up with it from beginning to end in at least some way; we don't want to have to scrape up last minute replacements!

EDIT -- PLEASE do not refrain from responding just because you think there are enough volunteers who've already posted! I want to see exactly how many people would be interested in starting all our little posts. :)
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Aurelia Combeferre

Re: Read-Through Mods Wanted!

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:02 am

I'm game for this! Note that I'll mostly be using the English translations though, since that is what I have on hand now.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Ulkis

Postby Ulkis » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:19 am

I'll volunteer!

FYI people who may not know, the French text is up for free on gutenberg.org, so anyone can copy and paste the chapter titles for the posts.

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:07 am

I'd do it, too (unless someone else wants to more urgently!).

Charlette-Ollie

Postby Charlette-Ollie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:29 pm

In my current situation I'm very available to do this job (and I'd be happy to do it). So, another volunteer here!

Mamselle Miss

Postby Mamselle Miss » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I'm in! Yay for open schedules?
Laughter is not all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.
-Oscar Wilde

Ulkis

Postby Ulkis » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:06 pm

EDIT -- PLEASE do not refrain from responding just because you think there are enough volunteers who've already posted! I want to see exactly how many people would be interested in starting all our little posts.

I concur. We need understudies! :)

Elwen Rhiannon

Postby Elwen Rhiannon » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:04 pm

I may be slightly busy till the end of October, but I'd like to participate, if I'd be still needed after that term. That is, of course, if one can help without *any* English translation at home apart from the one available on Wikipedia (having a French original though and of course keeping the language of the forum in discussions)
"Believe in the future. Combeferre does."

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:18 am

I'm up for it if mods are needed.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Mods chosen; post being locked. More information in the Announcement thread in this board.

Thanks all :)
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Return to “Read-Through”