Literal Plot Bunnies?

Meta related to characters, plots, or other elements introduced by Victor Hugo in Les Misérables.
EnjysVest

Literal Plot Bunnies?

Postby EnjysVest » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:40 am

I was re-reading Richard Adams' Watership Down a little while ago, and I realized that the character Hazel is exactly like Enjolras, to the extent that I can see Enjolras saying things that Hazel says. I guess that's why I was so obsessed with Hazel in third grade :wink:
I don't see much of a fanfic coming out of it, or anything, just wondering if anyone else thought the same. Any Watership fans out there? :D

gauzy

Re: Literal Plot Bunnies?

Postby gauzy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 pm

i'm, uh, gonna present this without comment:

sathinfection inquired:

And I need you now tonight and I need you more than ever And if you only hold me tight We'll be holding on forever And we'll only be making it right 'cause we'll never be wrong Together we can take it to the end of the line - e/R

gauzythreads:

watership down crossover. les amis are the cruelly oppressed residents of an efrafanesque warren, but - led by enjolrabbit - they are secretly conspiring to rise up and overthrow the despotic warren leader. rabbitaire wishes everyone would just keep their heads down because wow what good would revolution even do, rabbits are rabbits, any regime change will deteriorate into tyranny ultimately, gloom gloom gloom.

one of the amis de l’rabbit b c gets on the wrong side of the owsla for some reason and is sentenced to death, maybe courfeyrabbit.

this finally breaks rabbitaire and he flips out at one of the owsla, who just p much lols at him and then his goons beat rabbitaire up :(

rabbitaire hopples (a hobbling hop) away miserably

enjolrabbit looks up from his grazing and notices rabbitaire hoppling towards the nearby mire

he follows him

"turn around, rabbitaire," he calls

rabbitaire does so and enjolrabbit is chilled to see his eyes

usually so flat and pale

burning so brightly

they have an impassioned argument, followed by a quick bum after which rabbitaire tearfully asks enjolrabbit to stay with him a little while. because he needs him now, tonight. he needs him more than ever.

fin

EnjysVest

Re: Literal Plot Bunnies?

Postby EnjysVest » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Oh my, yes! Had you already written that fiction, or did you just make it up? You should definitely write it if you haven't yet :D I especially like the names!

Return to “Brick Meta”