Headcanons of Characters

Meta related to characters, plots, or other elements introduced by Victor Hugo in Les Misérables.
Gervais

Re: Headcanons of Characters

Postby Gervais » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:43 pm

meow139 wrote:Happy brithday, Phan! For your birthday, you get... a Marius Pontmercy doll! (He's come to sleep with you!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll just sign the card, because nothing beats that gift. Wait, no; you also get a little Courfeyrac to go with him! :mrgreen:

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Gervais wrote:
meow139 wrote:Happy brithday, Phan! For your birthday, you get... a Marius Pontmercy doll! (He's come to sleep with you!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll just sign the card, because nothing beats that gift. Wait, no; you also get a little Courfeyrac to go with him! :mrgreen:

This is why I love hanging around with you guys; you make me smile. And yaaay Courfeyrac and Marius dolls to accompany Ted Valted, JaBear and Plush!Jolras! Yaaaaaaaaay! *there's like, ten minutes left of the day now but whatever :lol:*
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

meow139

Postby meow139 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:05 am

I just did an eye sheet on paper.
Enjolras- Blue, for obvious reasons.
Combeferre- I think of him as having brown eyes.
Courfeyrac- I tried to give him a really open, trusting color, so I chose green- a really pretty, emerald green.
Joly- Blue cause I don't know. I think blue would look good on him, but that's just me, seeing as my Joly is basically Hugh Skinner.
Bossuet- I don't know how to describe this one- sort of trying for hazel, like a greenish brown.
Feuilly- A really nice, warm Autumny brown.
Prouvaire- A greyish blue, typically sort of wide eyes.
Bahorel- This was easy- brown.
Grantaire- I gave him sort of green-blue eyes, just because I could picture that for a Grantaire. it was either that or just going with plain brown, which was no fun.

Cosette- She has her mother's eyes- blue.
Fantine- And Fantine thus has blue like Cosette.

Eponine- A hazelly olive green... yeah, that's coherent.
Azelma- A sort of mossy green that I thought looked nice. That or watery blue.
Gavroche- Blue with a tiny hint of green in it.

Mme T- Green, an olive green.
Thenardier- Watery blue.

Marius- Royal/Navy blue. I guess you could call it... Napoleon blue. :P

Montparnasse- Blue, just cause.

Javert- Brown.
Valjean- I honestly can't see him as anything but hazel.

Musichetta- Brown, I guess.
I change barricade boyfriends by the day.

WhoIam

Postby WhoIam » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:29 pm

I agree with almost all of your eye colors, actually.
The only place I disagree is I think of Grantaire as having like a sage green, like gray-green eyes.
All the world's a party, and I'm usually the awkward wallflower in the corner with a glass of water and a copy of Les Mis.

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 pm

I like having my Grantaire with blue eyes--- as a contrast to his black hair in my headcanon. Also- because my Enjolras has blue/green eyes ;)

There is something perfect about Javert with violet eyes :D He always had brown eyes in my headcanon, but violet is pretty epic :shock:
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:20 pm

freedomlover wrote:I like having my Grantaire with blue eyes--- as a contrast to his black hair in my headcanon. Also- because my Enjolras has blue/green eyes ;)

There is something perfect about Javert with violet eyes :D He always had brown eyes in my headcanon, but violet is pretty epic :shock:

Rude!

I have boring brown eyes

This is kind of embarrassing, but my mental images of all of the characters are pretty much just the Anime.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:45 pm

Ahh, sorry =P I did not mean it that way. I personally think brown is a beautiful eye color :) (my Valjean has it) But I was thinking it would be strange to give my Valjean and Javert the same color.. so when I heard violet I was like "Ha! Violet eyed Javert!"

Now my Grantaire has brown eyes in honor of you R ;)
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:22 pm

I just realised I keep getting redeye in photos, and it made me think of my headcanons all getting redeye in a giant group photo. Note to self, scan in Amis headcanon sheet. (I was bored on the bus today, okay?)
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:38 pm

So I was bored and didn't have Internet. What did I do? Modern AU Headcanons, of course! I'm not sure why, since I don't think I'll be writing a modern AU fic anytime soon, but it was fun.

Marius: Physically the same as the brick (pale, curly & dark hair). He is told his father was in the US Army, but went MIA for several years, during which time he was being raised by his strict grandfather. In his late teens, he realizes that his father was actually not missing, but rather being kept away by his grandfather (though he had been wounded in combat before), but now ill, and a local priest takes Marius to him on Georges' deathbed. George dies before Marius gets there. Distraught, he carries his father's Purple Heart with him as a totem. He doesn't run away from his grandfather, but makes a point to go to a school that's out of state. Courfeyrac becomes his roommate. He isn't entirely sure what he wants to do, but Courfeyrac, getting his Pre-Law, convinces him to try it himself. (Sidenote: He really doesn't pay attention in class. He uses that as time to google things like military history. No, he doesn't want to join the military, it's just a hobby.)

Enjolras: As a kid and a teen, Enjolras wasnt entirely sure what he would do with his life. He went through a car obsession, buying a rather pricey muscle car with his parents' seemingly abundant money. During senior year of high school, a friend invites him to a debate club meeting, and Enjolras becomes obsessed. He will think over his arguments in his head as he listens to his opponent, and will sometimes spend a moment in silence checking his argument. Once he does speak, though, his argument is solid, and as he becomes more experiences, his talks become more eloquent. It's not until college, however, that he comes upon a Pride parade, and even though he himself is asexual, he takes equality as his calling. He finds other ways his country can improve, and thinking that he can start making the world better step by step, is studying to be a lawyer. Very bright, blond, curly hair; just long enough for the curls to be there.

Courfeyrac: His mom wants him to be a veterinarian, so naturally, he's studying to be a lawyer. He isn't sure what he wants to do, exactly, but law could be a decent career. He talks Marius into it because he needs a study partner who isn't Enjolras, who drags him into politics. It's thanks to him that Courfeyrac sees the flaws and possible repairs to the social system, and with childhood friend Combeferre, they head a small crew of idealists.
(The reason his mother wants him to be a vet is because, throughout Courfeyrac's life, he has owned or taken care of no fewer than four dogs, one bird, seventeen cats, five frogs, and two fish. Only the frogs and the fish were technically his; the rest were either neighborhood strays he fed and brushed and watered, or animals that he found injured in the yard. One of his ex's had to convince him to take in the bird, though; it wouldnt get along with her or her siblings. The bird lived with him for a week before Combeferre offered to take it instead. It did much better with him.) Dirty blond hair, about average length; green eyes. Had a crush on Combeferre's older sister when he was 14, but never acted on it.
Last edited by Gervais on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

SpiritOfDawn

Postby SpiritOfDawn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:35 am

Gervais - that should be a fic some day :-)
It sounds as if it got a lot of potential

City of glass headcanon for Combeferre:

Combeferre is actually one of those who had the deepest falling out with his parents over his beliefs, much stronger than anything for example Enjolras had to endure. He is the only one who has actually been sent walking by his parents, and is more or less in fact, if not de jure disowned.
It's his quiet insistence that at some point tipped the scales.
He takes it fairly well though. He is on speaking terms with his parents in the sense that they send each other noncommittal letters, but there is no real flow of money from them to him.
He supports himself by a mixture of working a bit at the Necker, starting to support a few polytechnical classes at university and writing for the Saint-Simonian newspaper Le Globe. That together with careful spending has him afloat quite comfortably, and now, that he has done it for a while, he would, if asked, probably state that he thinks this manner of living more satisfactory.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:28 am

How many years ago did he have to walk, so to speak?
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

SpiritOfDawn

Postby SpiritOfDawn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:53 am

I imagine that the straw that broke the camels back happened some time during the 1830 revolution. Either the fact he was at the barricades itself... or some Louis Phillipe rant....
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:31 pm

I see. I love the idea of a self-sufficient Combeferre; it really ties in with his very practical mindset in your universe.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

between4walls

Postby between4walls » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:43 am

Developing an idea- probably implausible due to Marius's shyness and lack of socializing- about Marius and Feuilly. I see Marius as vaguely pro-Polish-nationalism and pro-Italian-nationalism (for reasons of Napoleon ostensibly supporting them and the post-Vienna reaction opposing them) and having some interesting conversations with the more historically knowledgeable Feuilly, who rather more gently than Combeferre or Enjolras is able to introduce the idea that a Napoleon figure, while better than the Restoration, can't always be relied on, and the merits of revolution from below. Maybe first in the context of foreign, occupied countries, and then...

Essentially, Feuilly using positive if confused aspects of Marius's Bonapartism to lure him towards a more revolutionary position.

I can't quite see it due to Marius's shyness, but it would be interesting.
Here day embraces night, and says: I will die with you and you will be reborn with me. From the heavy embrace of all desolations springs faith.

The real name of devotion is disinterestedness.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:14 am

Oh my. Those would be discussions worth looking into.

So Marius would be vaguely interested (possibly) in the idea of Polish and Italian nationalism, but what would be the Bonapartist stand on Spanish nationalism? Still a little confused here.

Return to “Brick Meta”