Enjolras and angsty self doubt

Meta related to characters, plots, or other elements introduced by Victor Hugo in Les Misérables.
Rachelle

Re: Enjolras and angsty self doubt

Postby Rachelle » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:44 am

Shes dressed as a girl but she's leaving in daylight rather than at night. I assume that if she can get out of the area around the barricade then she'll be ok.
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:29 am

Double check with Jill Harsin's Barricades. The Fourierists might be later entirely, but if they aren't, you may still have issues. But Harsin will be good on those timelines - her other work is on women's issues. (she has an excellent book on foundlings, and her earlier work was on prostitution if I remember the timing rightly.)
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks for all your help.
I've not got a lot of time to do research so it may end up being a bit implausible.
I've been using the timeline from here http://www.chanvrerie.net/history/index.html which I've found has been really good.

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Ok, having returned to this fic more than a year after I wrote the first chapter, I've done a lot of thinking about the timeline etc.
At the moment I've got my OC leaving at the same time as the men who are wearing the national guard disguises and is therefore able to get out of to get out of the area and back home (somewhere between the rue de chanvrerie and the river- I haven't quite decided yet). Does that sound any more plausible than her getting out on her own?

Return to “Brick Meta”