Location of the Café Musain

Any research done in relation to the period of Les Misérables, whether for fanfiction or fanart purposes or otherwise.
Auf die Barrikaden

Re: Location of the Café Musain

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 am

That whole quarter has totally changed it's layout but it would be closest to the junction of the present day Rue Mondetour and Rue Rambuteau. https://maps.google.de/maps?q=rue%20mon ... a=N&tab=wl
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:41 am

thanks. I've been told one of the reasons they changed the layout and widened the streets was to make it harder for them to be barricaded. but that street still looks pretty barricad-able in my view. Anyone up for it?
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Nah, it's pretty wide, and almost open on one side.

If you're interested in this sort of stuff, a lot of your homework has already been done for you... http://www.chanvrerie.net/tourguide/index.html I need to do a major update to that page, though, because I have a pile of photos of Digne and some more of Montreuil-sur-Mer and a bunch of Paris locations that aren't on there and I could've sworn I'd updated it with some of them.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Marianne wrote:Nah, it's pretty wide, and almost open on one side.

If you're interested in this sort of stuff, a lot of your homework has already been done for you... http://www.chanvrerie.net/tourguide/index.html I need to do a major update to that page, though, because I have a pile of photos of Digne and some more of Montreuil-sur-Mer and a bunch of Paris locations that aren't on there and I could've sworn I'd updated it with some of them.

Wow, I don't know how I've never come across that page before! :shock: Especially considering my "plotting hypothetical trips to Paris" phase of a couple of months ago. Thanks so much for sharing :)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Return to “Nerdy Fannish Research”