Visual Inspirations for Characters

Any research done in relation to the period of Les Misérables, whether for fanfiction or fanart purposes or otherwise.
Platzhalter

Re: Visual Inspirations for Characters

Postby Platzhalter » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:31 pm

That train station boy definitely would make a great Gavroche... allthough my personal animated Gavroche will always be Kai. Don't care if he's to dark-skinned for that.

And about Stannis/Stephen Dillane as Javert: Now I really want to see that. And Sophie Turner/Sansa as Fantine... never mind the rest. But Sansa always seemed so Fantine-ish to me.

Lord Jon Connington

Postby Lord Jon Connington » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:44 am

He'd be better off being Javert than having to play this butchered version of Stannis...

Also, baby Shireen was apparently in Les Mis when she was younger.

Out of GoT actors:

David Bradley would be an excellent Thénardier. He has that weasel-rat look and a long history of playing assholes.
I think the original S1 Mountain could be a good Gueulemer.
Kit for Marius? Jon Snow definitely shares some characteristics with him, and he has the look.

Platzhalter

Postby Platzhalter » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Yes... it's hard to believe that the guy he's playing actually is Stannis, you know?

Not sure about Kit as Marius and the Mountain (S1) in any kind of role, but David Bradley just screams Thenardier... he knows how to play someone who breaks the sacred laws of hospitality ;)
Any ideas on Mme. Thenardier, Éponine and Valjean?

Lord Jon Connington

Postby Lord Jon Connington » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:55 am

Jorah is busy Éponine-ing but he doesn't really look the part.

For Valjean, Davos (if Stannis is Javert).

Postby 23623 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:33 pm

How come I didn't know this thread exists before?!

MmeBahorel wrote:And Feuilly. Yes, my Feuilly is really inappropriately pretty. It's part of the point. Parnasse went one way; he went the other. Aris Sas. It's not just the pretty, it's also the hair. (no, Feuilly does not sing For Sarah in a really adorable Eurotrashy accent. But that is how I developed a definite crush on Aris. Also, sort of appropriate that Aris was the original Vienna Gavroche, and then later played Enjolras.)

YEEEEEEAAAAH Aris fan!!! :D Thanks to my incredible good luck, I've recently found the 1988 Vienna cast album (planning to post a review somewhere after listening), a Tanz der Vampire audio with Aris as Alfred and Lyn as Sarah (I've been looking for one for ages!) and this thread. Oh God, I'm the happiest person in the world now! MmeBahorel, I totally feel you. For Sarah (and TdV in general) should definitely be responsible for my irrational huge crush on Aris. When I watch TdV bootlegs I always stop the video at For Sarah, watch his version instead, and then resume the video. No Alfred sings this song better than him.
For those who don't know about him or Tanz der Vampire, click!

Back on topic -- Aris has always been my headcanon Marius. Also blame it on TdV aka the musical that literally ruins my life. I thought he would be excellent as Marius the first time I watched TdV, and I've never been able to shake off this impression since then. He really needs to play Marius someday before he gets too old. :(

Lord Jon Connington wrote:Jorah is busy Éponine-ing but he doesn't really look the part.

For Valjean, Davos (if Stannis is Javert).

ROFL!! :lol: And hey, GOT fans! Glad to know that I'm not the only one who's thinking about Stannis and Javert. I've thought about Ned as Valjean before but Davos as Valjean indeed makes much more sense! And Shireen would be Cosette. :D
Revolution, but civilization

Return to “Nerdy Fannish Research”