Greek Mythology

Any research done in relation to the period of Les Misérables, whether for fanfiction or fanart purposes or otherwise.
LauraLeZunzu

Re: Greek Mythology

Postby LauraLeZunzu » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm reading now a book called "Mythology: myths, legends and fantasies", printed for the first time in 2003 in Australia (if that helps you to find it). I love it so far. I think it is a great way to know something about Mythology before reading original works like the ones of Virgilio, because the book explains the myths but not in an extended way, so it is like an introduction. But it talks about everything (heroes, gods, titans, different versions of the myths, how the myth was extended...), and not only of Greek Mythology, but of mythology all around the world.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:02 am

Favorite myth so far? :)
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

LauraLeZunzu

Postby LauraLeZunzu » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:17 pm

Eros and Psique :D Absolutely! I saw the sculpture of Canova last course in school and I totally fell in love with it, so it was on of the myths I was more looking forward to. But I like all the stories of how were the Gods created (first the titans...)
And yours? :D

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:20 am

A toss up between Eros and Psyche (since it's a prototype of one of my favorite fairy tales), or the Inuit myth "The Skeleton Woman". Is that there too?
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Return to “Nerdy Fannish Research”