Charles Jeanne (and the other real life revolutionaries)

Any research done in relation to the period of Les Misérables, whether for fanfiction or fanart purposes or otherwise.
freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! (or southern-central Virginia)

Charles Jeanne (and the other real life revolutionaries)

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:03 pm

Upon realizing with a look of sheer shock there is no thread dedicated to this wonderfully melodramatic historical figure who used too much italics and spoke in a very distinct style I decided to take it upon myself to make such a thread ;)

Anyway, now to sound like a serious person who studies revolutions and stop impersonating Charles Jeanne.

There is a really good translation of his letter on Chanvrerie that I think somebody on here may have translated?
http://chanvrerie.net/history/june-1832 ... anne-8-en/

I read it in French as well A Cinq Heures Nous Serons Tous Morts
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Auf die Barrikaden

Re: Charles Jeanne (and the other real life revolutionaries)

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 pm

I wish there would be more to learn about actual chef de barricades. So many occasions, yet they are all unknowns or forgotten. Also, historic relics. I mean how cool would it be to see actual flags, weapons and pieces of barricades, at least in the Paris city museum.
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:28 pm

I know right? as I was walking past the Saint-Merri barricade sight I saw children playing and blowing bubbles and all I could think of was the Brick speech.

A Cinq Heures is a great source, I read "Barricades" and it was good.
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:31 pm

Return to “Nerdy Fannish Research”