The In-Between

Discussion of musicals other than Les Misérables.
Miz Thierry

The In-Between

Postby Miz Thierry » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Check out the concept album for this yet to be produced musical. Although much more modern in music and style than Les Miz, it certainly has a great deal of potential and if produced would be a fun musical to experience without being incredibly sappy.

http://www.theinbetweenmusical.com/

MmeFeuilly

Re: The In-Between

Postby MmeFeuilly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:42 pm

And Hadley Fraser's in it, right mum? :P
I Live On Constellation Street

Enjolras-the-jaw

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

This looks like quite an interesting story. And with Hadley Fraser, I would definitely pay to see it... if I didn't have to fly out to London. In any case, I hope it comes to the states! :mrgreen:
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

Taelin

Postby Taelin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:02 am

Hadly Fraser singing Beyond the Door...

So awesome :D
Last edited by Taelin on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geminimimi

Postby geminimimi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Hadley Fraser singing anything is awesome. I feel like locking him up in my music box and making him sing whenever I want to. :D

The In-Between has a really cool concept that is very different from anything floating around, so I would be very interested to see it if I had the chance. The songs aren't bad at all too.
I like to think everything whizzes by her head like sheep jumping over fences, and that Marius comes by every 3-4 sheep. And add scattered leaves flying around and rain falling too. And maybe a unicorn. Thus the insides of Éponine's mind.

Taelin

Postby Taelin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Hopefully this makes its way on the West End and/or Broadway!

Gaby Matz

Postby Gaby Matz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:05 am

Okay I really want to see this.

Sadly, I'm in Mexico :cry:

geminimimi

Postby geminimimi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:32 pm

And I'm in Singapore. :|
I like to think everything whizzes by her head like sheep jumping over fences, and that Marius comes by every 3-4 sheep. And add scattered leaves flying around and rain falling too. And maybe a unicorn. Thus the insides of Éponine's mind.

Gaby Matz

Postby Gaby Matz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:50 pm

Then I guess that we'll have to wait until somebody decides to do a production near us.

geminimimi

Postby geminimimi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Indeed. I'm sorta used to that now, but it still always gets me down. I've only seen Wicked and The Lion King in my entire life, and in Wicked's case, 8 years after it opened. :|

Taelin

Postby Taelin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:38 pm

I've only seen Phantom, and that's because I was in Vegas.

My mom complained very loudy about the cost of the tickets. :D

geminimimi

Postby geminimimi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:57 pm

I would love to see Phantom. Who was the cast that you saw? :D Oh yes, the prices. Whenever I watch a performance my parents urge me to wait out till near the end of the run so prices will be cheaper and discounts galore. Not that the prices aren't gastronomical even then. It's all worth it, though.

Taelin

Postby Taelin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:52 am

I forgot, but once I find the Playbill, I'll tell you :)

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:50 pm

If it was in Las Vegas, then you saw Anthony Crivello (yay, Grantaire!) or Brent Barrett as the Phantom... Or you might have gotten an understudy. Brent only stuck around for about the first year or so of the production, though -- he left around mid-2007, and then Anthony took over full-time after that.

I've seen POTO in Vegas 5 times, plus once seeing the national tour in San Francisco and a couple of times seeing a local community theatre production. All of them were great, but I'd give Las Vegas the edge because although the show was trimmed down somewhat, the staging, cast, and all other aspects were just magnificent. Anthony was a superb Phantom every time, and you just can't beat a theatre built specially for the production and modeled after the Paris Opera House. I was devastated when it closed at the start of this month. :(

And so we don't get too far off-topic, The In-Between sounds really intriguing! I probably won't get to see it unless they have a touring production that comes close to where I am, but hopefully there will at least be a cast recording for us all to enjoy.

Return to “Other Musicals”