Characters as reading-through

Any ideas on how to make this forum better and/or ways to implement changes to this place, please put them here.
LauraLeZunzu

Characters as reading-through

Postby LauraLeZunzu » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:26 pm

I know I'm so new registered here, but I had an idea for the forum and I couldn't resist writing in this section haha.
Well, I thought the reading-through the Brick is an excelent forum and idea, commenting chapter per chapter, it is perfect! It is what i was looking a LEs Mis forum for, commenting the book. I think is a book like... "made" for talking about it, it is large and full of differents points of view and thoughts.
But then I thought, as it is a book so made for comments, shouldn't be a section on the same level of the reading-through, but about characters? You could title it "Characters and their relations on Les Misérables book", and people could write posts like "Enjolras" to talk abou the personality, the actions... or even "Javert and Enjolras"; as they have nothing in common in the story, maybe some reader thinks it is comething simmilar on their personalities, so he could post it there and we could all discuss about it.
I searched and I think there isn't something like that yet, if there is, sorry!!
Thank you for reading!

Acaila

Re: Characters as reading-through

Postby Acaila » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:05 pm

I would say that sort of thread would fit in well in The Brick subforum, with other more general chat about the book. :)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Characters as reading-through

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Yes, the Brick section is absolutely perfect for this sort of thing. :) If there's multiple threads along these lines, giving them similar thread titles would keep them together or at least easily found.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Return to “Suggestions”