Highlights Thread

Any ideas on how to make this forum better and/or ways to implement changes to this place, please put them here.
Gervais

Highlights Thread

Postby Gervais » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:06 am

Alright, I admit that this idea isn't exactly clear even in my own head even though the concept's been in my brain for awhile, but it's worth sharing, I think.

It could be cool to have a Highlights Thread somewhere, particularly for the new folks, that would have links to Threads and Similar Things of High Importance (maybe have a vote, but would probably include things like Rules, Apocrypha, and the Blooper Reel--the Rules because they're needed, Apocrypha and Blooper Reel because people keep asking for links to them, and so on). Sort of like a Forum Bucket List, if you will. It might be too hard/confusing to know which threads and videos to link to, though.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

YoungStudentMarius

Re: Highlights Thread

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 am

I really like this idea, actually. I think a lot of times new members are overwhelmed by the prospect of this place, and thus, often don't actually dive into it fully, especially all the old threads we have that are so rich in information. It could probably help revive those, too, a bit. I'm not sure what forum we'd put it in, but if there's a way to work it out, I'd definitely second this idea.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:45 am

Or do a forum by forum one?
I think G and I had been talking about doing "so you want to get into the musical/brick/movies" type posts in the relevant subfora.

People are meant to read the important information threads before posting but I'm not convinced that actually happens very often these days so something in that regard could well be good
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:39 pm

A vote would be good. And I'm all for doing it per sub forum.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Yeah, one per forum would probably be the best. And maybe have a link to the Rules, at least, for each one, Acaila.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:14 pm

That sounds like a great idea, one per subforum, with a link to the rules. That way, people can sort of enter in well and easily through any of the forms, I think.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Return to “Suggestions”