YouTube links

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
duva

YouTube links

Postby duva » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:37 am

Mods, feel free to remove this topic if it's not allowed!

OBC Tony performance.

... wow, I wouldn't have thought David Bryant could get any worse than he was on the OBC. :shock:

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:28 pm

Hey, it's the YouTube user getting in trouble, not the forum with the off-site link. Post as many YouTube links as you like. :D
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Vana Tuivana

Postby Vana Tuivana » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:59 pm

Ooo, I am without question a huge fan of Michael Maguire's errant lock of hair in this video. YUM.

(...I fangirl the oddest things, it seems. Hair, cheekbones, collarbones, wrists. Ye gods. :oops:)

duva

Postby duva » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:05 am

Speaking of hair, I am rather enamoured by Anthony Crivello's fro. Most impressive! :lol:

duva

Postby duva » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:32 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TLJY5noAqHk

Australian cast at... Australia Day 1989? Talissa? :wink: Featuring Anthony Warlow with a dead ferret on his head, amis borrowed from the set of Dr Quinn, and Peter Cousens whom I hate with the intensity of a thousand suns. WHY IS HE TWITCHING AND MAKING HIS VOWELS TWICE AS LONG AS THEY SHOULD BE? Oy. (Every time I listen to the Miss Saigon CSR I want to take off my shoe and beat him round the head with it. *Twitches*)

Talissa

Postby Talissa » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:00 pm

Australia Day concert, yep. So that makes it 26th January 1989 for all you Northerners ;)

And I would like to note that I distance myself from all pictured except, of course, for Mr Warlow and James Lee (Combeferre, although not the one who actually looks like a 'Ferre. He'd be the one who looks closer to a Bossuet, on account of the balding ;) ).

Bloody Noses

Postby Bloody Noses » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:27 am

duva wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=TLJY5noAqHk

Australian cast at... Australia Day 1989? Talissa? :wink: Featuring Anthony Warlow with a dead ferret on his head, amis borrowed from the set of Dr Quinn, and Peter Cousens whom I hate with the intensity of a thousand suns. WHY IS HE TWITCHING AND MAKING HIS VOWELS TWICE AS LONG AS THEY SHOULD BE? Oy. (Every time I listen to the Miss Saigon CSR I want to take off my shoe and beat him round the head with it. *Twitches*)

Is that Courefayc who looks like Jesus? Dear God, they all have awful hair. Espicially poor Grantaire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2wj1ui0Ed8
One Day More-U.K.'s 1987 Royal Variety Performance (Marius's hair looks ridiculous) For some reason, the guy who played Javert just wore on my nerves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GfqzMp-yc8
The Confrontation-Norway. This just sounds hilarious. XD

Vana Tuivana

Postby Vana Tuivana » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:09 am

Oooo. Michael Maguire again with that one lock of hair... *squee* :D

Rowan

Postby Rowan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvKN23kqx0

I was sifting through Youtube and found this. Might be slightly OT because we've been posting clips from the stage show thus far; but I just thought this was pretty interesting. I never thought that One Day More had the potential to be funny before I saw this.
If more people valued food and cheer and song over hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

Robin Hood

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:07 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bh8z5djEaYA

Can anyone tell me what movie version of Les Misérables this is from?

Thanks!

God bless,

~Ruth

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:28 am

It's from the 1982 miniseries directed by Robert Hossein. Lino Ventura is Valjean.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

duva

Postby duva » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=007FLx3oGC4

Someone did their homework! (Forward until about 3:30). I'm most impressed!

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:51 am

Ooooh. I have to admit I'm not overfond of his performance on the CSR (shoot me, I know), but he sounded great in those clips. And yes, someone has obviously read the book.

Also, I would kill to have seen a Gavroche like that on the national tour. The boys I saw, when they weren't mechanically carrying out some gesture of the standard blocking, pretty much stood stiffly with their arms at their sides. Bah.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.

- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:43 am

As much as I love Anthony Warlow and how much I heart his dedication to actually read the book... I have to say, that pronunciation of Enjolras annoys me. Dammit, 'Enjolras' does not rhyme with 'ass'!

Also, the wig. *headdesk* Cannot get past that. For someone who read the book, I wonder that he doesn't protest at the use of the dark wig. :?
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

duva

Postby duva » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:55 pm

MmeJavert wrote:As much as I love Anthony Warlow and how much I heart his dedication to actually read the book... I have to say, that pronunciation of Enjolras annoys me. Dammit, 'Enjolras' does not rhyme with 'ass'!

At least he's including the S and not saying "Onjura" like 99% of the people involved with the show...

MmeJavert wrote:Also, the wig. *headdesk* Cannot get past that. For someone who read the book, I wonder that he doesn't protest at the use of the dark wig. :?

Someone told me they wanted him to look like Michael Maguire. *Shrugs* It looks like a dead ferret. Awful.

Marianne wrote:Ooooh. I have to admit I'm not overfond of his performance on the CSR (shoot me, I know), but he sounded great in those clips.

Neither am I and I loooooooove him and want to marry his vocal chords, so don't worry. :wink:

Return to “Les Misérables”