Pictures

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
Case

Re: Pictures

Postby Case » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:39 am

On Google image search. There were two programs from that production on eBay. Sadly,both of them had been sold.
Why are pics from the show so scarce?

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:20 am

What's even worse is that since that one documentary we know that somewhere out there a probably complete video recording of the original show exists... The thought makes me crazy if I think it for too long!
Dark sarcasm ought to be taught at schools!

Case

Postby Case » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:20 am

Makes me crazy too. For such a hugely popular production,I find the lack of pictures and video odd.
I really want to mount a production of it one day. With a singable English translation.

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:12 am

Maybe we should just try to contact Schönberg and ask for the release of that video. If enough people sign such a letter, do you think we'd have a chance?

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:46 pm

That footage from the PdS production could have been a rip-off from a French TV report as well. Don't set your hopes too high. At least we got the full show in audio...
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

Case

Postby Case » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:38 pm

True,true. It's quickly becoming my favorite recording.

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 am

Trompe-la-Mort wrote:Maybe we should just try to contact Schönberg and ask for the release of that video. If enough people sign such a letter, do you think we'd have a chance?

I would sign it! I don't know if we'd have a chance but I'd sign it and get as many other people as I could to sign it. I'd love to see that production!
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 am

This is better than the final on so many levels: the fact that the dress isn't black so you can actually see her, 1830s sleeves, nice pattern, 1830s wig that doesn't look hideous.

Why'd that change, Andy?
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:17 am

Because the black dress is book!canon...?

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Only for that one small section in the park (and therefore the meet-cute in Look Down) - she's dressing better by the time any of the other songs would come up.

I just never liked the black dress + dark wig in the show because with the dark stage, Cosette just didn't stand out. I love Regan Thiel (who used her own blonde hair instead of a wig) because the blonde really helped her be more noticeable. (I also liked that Sophie Caton, who was first cover in the London 2002 cast, got a lighter brown wig than usual - it also helped.) One of the best things about the regionals, for me, was the opportunity to see different ways of dressing Cosette, nearly all of them better as images when taken with the staging as a whole. The black dress in the park stands out against the light and trees and grass, etc. The black dress in the slums (and in her pitch-black "garden") does nothing for her. I liked best the compromises that had a dark cloak for her slum work and then a pretty dress under it for In My Life, etc., so you got some effect of that transition in the book, within the context of the severely condensed timeframe of the musical.
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:31 am

Happy Barricade Day(s) everyone! Gonna celebrate by listening to OFC 1980, OLC Barbican preview 1985, as well as watching TAC and QUAC. And as I still couldn't find a photo of the original 1980 stage barricade, a bit of compensation...

Plan of Paris barricades 1795-1871: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-z75mQo0pTsg/T ... -paris.jpg

Best looking close-to-original-stage one I've seen so far:
http://www.nbfestivaltheatre.com/wp-con ... -1-279.jpg

Also remember the victims of Tiananmen, June3/4 1989:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... kanski.jpg

Wroclaw, Poland: the memorial of 10th anniversary (1999) of Tian'anmen Sq. (Beijing, China) massacre, June 4th, 1989

The first version of this memorial was "erected" by Polish students a day after the massacre, June 5th 1989 - as a destroyed bicycle and a fragment of tank-track lying nearby.

The version in the photograph was erected ten years later, in 1999, and the symbolism is identical: bicycles against tanks...

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Request: I'm looking for any photograph of the original Barbican production as well as the Skydome, Toronto 1989 and Windsor Castle 2004 concerts. Also any depicting the death of Enjolras would be much appreciated. Please contact me via pm or post them here. Thanks in advance mes amis!

Ulkis

Postby Ulkis » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:52 am

I found a whole bunch of pictures from the 2008-10 Quebec Les Mis production here: http://media.photobucket.com/image/myri ... 12.jpg?o=3

and some more here:

http://www.genevieve-charest.com/photos.php#prettyPhoto

Return to “Les Misérables”