Ukrainian productions?

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Ukrainian productions?

Postby freedomlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:17 am

Just curious if there have been any Ukrainian productions. I just heard DYHTPS translated to Ukrainian and loved it.

I was also looking for Russian, but only sound some fan recordings (which sounded great! )

I know bits of Ukrainian and Russian from having friends who speak these languages, and I had to study Polish so there is some overlap.
Trying to add Ukrainian and Russian to my studied languages in hopes that they may look good on resumes. And since I have so many friends who know these languages :roll:
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Re: Ukrainian productions?

Postby 23623 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:09 am

The Russians had wanted to do Les Mis for some time but unfortunately so many problems came in the way. They gave up their first attempt due to the financial crisis. There was a plan for a Russian concert production of Les Mis last year which was canceled at the last minute for some reason. Good news is that the concert is coming back. Last time I checked the premiere was supposed to be in February this year.
Revolution, but civilization

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Re: Ukrainian productions?

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Aww that's sad. Good thing the concert is coming soon though1 :)
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Return to “Les Misérables”