London Cast 2017

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
daisypages

Re: London Cast 2017

Postby daisypages » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:03 am

Olivia_y wrote:So notes from the muck-up: not much that was out of the ordinary as far as muck-ups go, I had hoped Paul would do the 'lick' during Red and Black but that didn't happen, then again it wasn't his last show. Also, Éponine wasn't in ECaET - I personally don't think she should be, but for a muck-up it would've been nice.

- Some change-ups in the ensemble, so Felix Mosse was the second traveller at Thenardier's inn for 'MotH' instead of Will Jennings, and Andy Conaghan was the drunk guest at Mariu's wedding instead of Lee Van Geleen;
- During MotH, Katy Secombe (M.Thenardier) was making out with pretty much everyone, and there was practically an orgy going on in the background;
- Lyric change during 'Look Down': 'something for a crust of bread in holy Jesus' shame'
- Two 'gamins' run in during 'Red and Black', one of them I think is Josie Kemp, but not sure about the other.
- Not sure if this counts, but during 'IML' Marius and Cosette press their left hands together instead of their right.
- Éponine gets her kiss in 'ALFoR'

Hello there! :D I've been lurking on here for a while so I thought I'd come post. To add to the notes from the muck-up matinee (that I've gathered from some of the cast's social media, at least), there was also "Babadook" Will Jennings and apparently Adam Pearce got to sit in the audience for the curtain call to applaud the rest of the company.

Olivia_y

Postby Olivia_y » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:24 am

daisypages wrote:Hello there! :D I've been lurking on here for a while so I thought I'd come post. To add to the notes from the muck-up matinee (that I've gathered from some of the cast's social media, at least), there was also "Babadook" Will Jennings and apparently Adam Pearce got to sit in the audience for the curtain call to applaud the rest of the company.

Cheers!

What is 'Babadook'?

I noticed Adam wasn't on stage during curtain call but didn't know that was the reason!

Olivia_y

Postby Olivia_y » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Class of 2016/17

Cast.jpg
Cast.jpg (130.99 KiB) Viewed 868 times

(Credit: Aimée Fisher’s Twitter)

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:21 pm

How cute! I spot an open shirt... :lol:
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:17 am

Babadook?! What on earth? :shock:
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:25 am

Babaaaa DOOOOK DOOOOK DOOOOOK
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

daisypages

Postby daisypages » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:38 am

Acaila wrote:Babadook?! What on earth? :shock:

Andy posted a picture of Will as the pimp in the muck-up matinee and joked that he looked like the babadook because he was wearing some sort of tiny beard.

I believe it was this one.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVKqrUfA1vm/

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Ahhhh, James Hume joined the cast! Why didn't I know this? He was my favorite during the Southwark Titanic run in Toronto! I knew he'd have to be a barricade boy at some point, hooray!
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Olivia_y

Postby Olivia_y » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Okay I went to the show on Saturday night to check out the new cast, and all I could think the whole time was how much I missed the old cast. I tried my best not to think about Simon/Chris/Lucy/Hollie, but it was SO hard! It's like...who are these people? Imposters!

And it wasn't just the lead performers I found myself missing, it was all the leavers. I always knew I'd miss the leads, but from the factory scene when the ensemble came on and so many of the familiar faces were gone, it just...hurt. I didn't realise how attached I'd grown to all those smaller roles! And spotting the few that remained was like spotting someone familiar in a crowd of strangers, it was such a weird feeling.

I'm so tempted to ramble excessively about the new cast, but I know my perspective is too coloured by my love for the cast just left, so I may give it a few days to try and achieve some objectivity. It also didn't help that I chose to go for the last show of their opening week because it was clear they were exhausted, especially Killian. Honestly though, the only cast that I would've accepted outright is if they somehow managed to de-age the TAC cast and put them on the London stage! :lol:

Briefly: there were a number of performers who weren't great on the night, but their 'faults' seem mostly to stem from just being new and not quite finding the right gestures/blocking yet; but for some others they made some acting choices which didn't sit well with me at all and I really hope won't stick.

Bloopers on the night: Mme Thenardier started the line '...these bloody students on our street...' a beat early; during 'DYHTPS' when Enjolras was on the cart they made one too many loops around the stage and then had to rush off really quickly :lol:

Return to “Les Misérables”