Help me with cast information?

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.

Re: Help me with cast information?

Postby 23623 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:42 am

You're really going to do this? :shock: :D
I was actually thinking about a forum game like what I'd done here, lol, but streaming sounds great! Not sure if I can have Internet access this weekend but I'll try my best to join you if I do. I'm at GMT+8 btw...kind of hard to fit in. In fact you can just choose whatever time most people here are comfortable with. :D
Revolution, but civilization

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:51 pm

I can be pretty flexible with times on Sunday since I'm not working Monday. When is good for others?
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Postby 23623 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Ok time for another guess-the-performer game. Shamelessly using my own thread to exploit your expertise again, I know. Sorry and hope you'll have fun. :oops: :mrgreen:

Does anyone know the cast of this audio? The date is Apr.13, 2016.

Also this old Mistery of The Angry Javert -- still haven't figured out who he is, lol. The year is 2007 but I don't think I've heard anything like this from the first revival. *EDIT* Ok I just realized that it could be from other productions around that time too. Saw the year and automatically assumed it was the revival. But you experts probably don't need any additional information anyway, so nevermind.

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Isn't that Eva Noblezada as Éponine? :? And I think that's Craig Mather as Marius. I recognize him on the "today" in One Day More :P
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

Postby 23623 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Morbidmuch_ wrote:Isn't that Eva Noblezada as Éponine? :? And I think that's Craig Mather as Marius. I recognize him on the "today" in One Day More :P

Thank you, Morbidmuch! I'll take your word. :) Can you recognize anyone else? I know very little about London casts so please feel free to educate me!

Question about the 2nd Broadway revival for those who have seen the production. I found an interesting audio (2015.10.04, Alfie Boe as JVJ) which has a Little Gervais in the cast. I've only seen one video from the production (with Ramin as JVJ) but I don't think they added a Gervais scene in that one. Is this a new change later in the run that I haven't heard of? :shock: If so how did they play it on stage?

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:00 pm

No, that's been there since the 25th anniversary production started. I saw it early in the UK tour run, and it was the kid playing Gavroche who did it then.

I don't have the 13th April 2016 audio, but the cast for it is: Luke McCall (u/s), Jeremy Secomb, Patrice Tipoki, Adam Pearce (u/s), Tamsin Dowsett (u/s), Eva Noblezada, Zoe Doano, Craig Mather, Bradley Jaden. It's Luke McCall's Valjean debut apparently!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:28 pm

23623 wrote:Question about the 2nd Broadway revival for those who have seen the production. I found an interesting audio (2015.10.04, Alfie Boe as JVJ) which has a Little Gervais in the cast. I've only seen one video from the production (with Ramin as JVJ) but I don't think they added a Gervais scene in that one. Is this a new change later in the run that I haven't heard of? :shock: If so how did they play it on stage?

Enh, whichever kid was on for Gavroche got an added act one moment as "Petit Gervais" during the On Parole section of the Prologue. When all of the farmers are doing their thing, Petit Gervais walks across the stage flipping a coin and Valjean interacts with him for about a half second. I've seen different Valjeans do it differently: if I recall correctly, Ramin started off by snarling at him and the kid would scamper off, then later in the run he just approached him and the kid still scampered off therefore making him feel sad that just his face scares children. :( Boohoo. In Toronto, the Petit Gervais would yell "MONSIEUR!" at him, but outside of that you wouldn't be able to identify a Petit Gervais on an audio.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Return to “Les Misérables”