London cast changes

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
Olivia_y

Re: London cast changes

Postby Olivia_y » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:50 am

Even though I really enjoyed Hayden Tee's performance in Australia, I've grown rather attached to Jeremy Secomb's Javert and so am feeling a little sad he'll be leaving. I agree that Simon Gleeson can be a bit aggressive, but I think he's toned it down a bit for London. Speaking of aggressive, I find Chris Cowley slightly on the angry side, like in 'red and black' he's literally trembling with tension, and similarly during the 'they will be back again' scene. Apart from that though I really like his Enjolras - fantastic voice, intense gaze, really amazing cheek bones.

Olivia_y

Postby Olivia_y » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Acaila wrote:I was prejudiced against him for not being blonde

Hair colour isn't a huge deal for me, but a blond Enjolras is always a nice bonus! I do sort of wish that when they changed the facade of the Queen's Theatre last year that they'd put up a blond Enjolras, like...photoshop maybe?

Having said that, I wasn't a fan of Chris Durling's wig in the Australian production, it was so froopy and it looked like a wig.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:19 am

Remember Jeremy won't be gone for too long :). Best of both worlds I think. He is really good though :)

And yes, dem cheek bones!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

dnaylorau

Postby dnaylorau » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:53 am

I wasn't a fan of Chris Durling' s Enjolras - full stop!!!! I thought his voice was weak, his acting choices commanded no respect when portraying the student leader and I failed to see any intensity in his performance. He was, probably, my least favourite Enjolras ever.

I must also say that Euan Doidge didn't fair much better as Marius.

I thought the Australian production had quite a few inappropriate casting choices.

Return to “Les Misérables”