London cast changes

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
Acaila

London cast changes

Postby Acaila » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:56 pm

So, in case anyone hasn't heard, Danielle Hope and Craig Mather are coming back from mid February. Patrice Tipoki from the Australian cast will also be taking over as Fantine.
Super psyched about Danielle - I really liked her when I saw her and she's going to be there for my Easter trip. She's only going to be there til early April, then Eva Noblezada from Miss Saigon will be Éponine.
Jonny Purchase is also coming back to the ensemble, so I'm hoping we may yet get a video (or for me, a live performance!) of him covering Marius :D
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

deHavilland

Re: London cast changes

Postby deHavilland » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:19 am

I'm so behind on my West End Miz. Streamy time soon to try and remember who is who and what is what?

I like that the Australian cast is being shuffled out to the rest of the world. I wish they'd done more of that with the Toronto production.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:30 pm

I will always say yes to streamy time ;).

I like it too, but I am crossing absolutely everything that it means we get Hayden Tee as Javert in the West End!
(My dream for realistic casting at the moment is Hayden and Geronimo Rauch in the leads)
Abaisse Chief/Chef

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:04 am

Yeah well, we get Hayden Tee here first and maybe Broadway will wear him out and he won't feel like going West End after! :P
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

dnaylorau

Postby dnaylorau » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:59 am

I hope you guys in London enjoy Patrice Tipoki in your cast change. She was certainly one the best from the Australian cast. I hope she embraces the (huge) differences between the London and Australian productions. For sure, I am really interested in your opinions, when she has settled in!

Hayden Tee was THE outstanding performer in Australia. I am hoping I have time to see him with Alfie Boe and John Owen-Jones. I saw Hayden Tee as Marius in 2002, in London. Don't forget he resides in NYC, not in the antipodes

Keen to hear all your views on the "new" cast :)

Dave

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:57 pm

I'm pretty sure she will have started by the time I go at Easter, so I'm sure I will be posting a review then :D.
Really want to see Hayden Tee in the show as well, I've been psyched for him since that first publicity performance. I didn't know he lived in New York actually!
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Ilargi

Postby Ilargi » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:59 am

Acaila!! Are you going at Easter? Me too! I've got a ticket for the evening performance on the 24th March. We may see each other there. :wink:

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Aww, you'll just miss me by a few days! That's the Friday right? I'm going on the Monday night. Definitely post your review up on here though so I can know what to expect :D
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Ilargi

Postby Ilargi » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:01 pm

What a pity! That's the Thursday, but I'll miss you anyway.
I'm afraid I won't be able to post the review before you see it, since I'm going to stay in London until the 29th March and I don't think I'll have internet connection. But we can definitely discuss it afterwards! :wink:

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:21 pm

We've just booked our hostel tonight and it has free wifi, so everyone can expect one of my trademark lengthy reviews from my phone on the Monday night :D
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Acaila wrote:I will always say yes to streamy time ;).

I like it too, but I am crossing absolutely everything that it means we get Hayden Tee as Javert in the West End!
(My dream for realistic casting at the moment is Hayden and Geronimo Rauch in the leads)

Crossing everything worked!
Hayden is coming over from January to April. Jeremy Secomb is ace, but I do really want to go see Hayden, and Jeremy is off to do exciting things with pies off Broadway and then coming back so I won't miss him too much I hope.
Simon Gleeson is coming too - I don't remember much of his Valjean from Australia, but I'm open minded.
Lucy O'Byrne is taking over as Fantine, Hollie O'Donoghue as Éponine since Rachel and Eva are off to Broadway with Miss Saigon. Paul Wilkins from the eastern tour is going to be the replacement Marius and Charlotte Kennedy, who apparently was in the show before but I don't remember, as new Cosette.
Abaisse Chief/Chef

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:44 pm

AND best of all, Chris Cowley gets to stay! :D :D :D

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Derp, I had intended to mention that but forgot! Yes, another opportunity to see The Vest and its occupier in person :D
Abaisse Chief/Chef

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:41 pm

He does the family proud.

thedeadareright

Postby thedeadareright » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Chris Cowley may have been one of my favorite parts of seeing Les Misérables finally.

Return to “Les Misérables”