Japanese programs are epic!

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
Auf die Barrikaden

Japanese programs are epic!

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:14 am

Check these out:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/171611571983?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.de/itm/181634210828?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT

I'm not crazy enough to buy them, but the photos are stunning. Any other japanese edition I've seen on ebay is magnificent as well. They really LOVE it.

Bonus points for including a Death of Enjolras AND Gavroche photo.
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

deHavilland

Re: Japanese programs are epic!

Postby deHavilland » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Ah, I have the 2007 one, but in red! I keep meaning to do scans from it, but haven't yet. Full headshots of every performer in costume, totally awesome.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

sekibun

Re: Japanese programs are epic!

Postby sekibun » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:05 am

Indeed they are epic. They cost about 1,500 JPY new and are updated each season. I will usually buy one each season that I see the show here.
(actually twice each season because the first edition will have rehearsal / past production pictures and the second edition will have the up to date stage photos).

Incidentally, these can easily be found at used bookstores here in Japan for low prices (say 100-300 JPY). I've been able to find the programs that I failed to buy in the past (due to being cheap or poor) eventually used for a very reasonable price.

Return to “Les Misérables”