Comedic anti-climatic moments

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
YoungStudentMarius

Re: Comedic anti-climatic moments

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:32 pm

And yes, rolling offstage had to be the worst and funniest thing ever at the same time. :shock:

I hardly need to; you're just somehow always there anyway. :wink: Oh, yeah, whoops, forgot to mention that.... :oops: Might be somewhat important. Hey, Gervais, did you ever hear back from Elaine? We still doing that?

The red flag gets bleached the night before on wash day and ends up pink. :mrgreen:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:42 pm

The omnipotence of the Internet. :wink:
I haven't. :( I want to keep going with it, though, once everyone's time has been cleared a bit.

The National Guard all have water guns.

During Javert's Soliloquy, the bridge falls.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Or just twin-dom. :wink:
Me, too. Maybe we could get Zelle around again when she's back on Monday, and together we could look for someone to take Elaine's place. Or if we hear back from her, but I'm doubting it at this point, poor girl.

Right as Valjean's about to pick up the runaway cart, it magically rolls away.

Valjean shows up dramatically with the fifth uniform, but they miscounted and it turned out they had five after all.

You're much better at these than I.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Perhaps. :wink: Yeah, that's a good idea. I could try PMing her again, but I don't want to spam her...And you are good at these, don't lie. :wink:

Alternatively: Valjean shows up with the fifth uniform, but they have six people that need to go.

Javert shows up in M-sur-M to arrest Valjean, and instead of the Confrontation, have a Guitar Hero competition.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Great. :wink: Maybe once we get Zelle back on board, we can send Elaine a pm telling her that we're going ahead with it, and offering her either choice. And thanks, though I doubt it, and I do it so as not to take this nice thread indubitably off topic.

....Or, it turns out he brought the wrong uniform, and it wasn't even for the national guard after all. :mrgreen:

Ooh, Guitar Hero comparison, that would solve things. And, going along the same vein, Marius and Valjean have that karate showdown we always talked about during the confession.

And, off of that, Valjean's confession is really that he was the one who forgot to replace the carriage where it belonged last Tuesday. And he's sorry. :wink:

Majestic_Picnob

Postby Majestic_Picnob » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 pm

YoungStudentMarius wrote:And, going along the same vein, Marius and Valjean have that karate showdown we always talked about during the confession.

You could probably do that in Arm Joe you know.
"Oh my God! I'll never have time to strike a pose!"

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Majestic_Picnob wrote:
YoungStudentMarius wrote:And, going along the same vein, Marius and Valjean have that karate showdown we always talked about during the confession.

You could probably do that in Arm Joe you know.

That we could. :twisted:

HopeForTheJust
Location: Loitering near the Place du Châtelet, waiting for someone

Postby HopeForTheJust » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:19 am

The night winds have been almost obscenely strong. Javert has hardy managed to place both feet on the parapet when an enormous and torn red (or pink) flag careens out of virtually nowhere and slaps over his face and body. Between the surprise, the sudden blindness and muffling, the impact, and the surrounding gusts, he falls backward onto the bridge and is rendered unconscious.

Finish as you see fit.
"To shame the guise o'th' world, I will begin/
The fashion: less without, and more within."
-Posthumus Leonatus, Cymbeline

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 am

Valjean sneezes during Who Am I. "Who am I? 2460- achoo!"

Valjean and Javert end up out of sync in the confrontation and Javert says, "wait, can we start over?"

The ensemble sings the wrong song. "Turning, turning, got a lot of callers but- SHIT! That's the wrong song!"

I suck at these.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 am

Valjean sneezes during Who Am I. "Who am I? 2460- achoo!"

Valjean and Javert end up out of sync in the confrontation and Javert says, "wait, can we start over?"

The ensemble sings the wrong song. "Turning, turning, got a lot of callers but- SHIT! That's the wrong song!"

I suck at these.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

torontocolm

Postby torontocolm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:10 am

Just thought of one today-

Javert is about to jump off the bridge when Valjean arrives, talks him out of suicide, and they share a tearful embrace.

torontocolm

Postby torontocolm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:53 am

Majestic_Picnob wrote:I just got back from a production being staged at my old high school, and it had some... interesting technical difficulties. Cosette nearly got the curtain dropped on her when she came in after ECAET (was the curtain operator a M/É shipper?), for one, and at the end of the sewer scene one of the guys playing a corpse exited by ROLLING offstage. He was probably trying to be inconspicuous. It backfired.

Just a thought- could it have been that he was trying to give the impression that Valjean was walking through the sewers? (Explaining why the guy rolled off stage) He could have been trying to make it look like Valjean was taking actual steps.

HopeForTheJust
Location: Loitering near the Place du Châtelet, waiting for someone

Postby HopeForTheJust » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:22 am

torontocolm wrote:Just thought of one today-

Javert is about to jump off the bridge when Valjean arrives, talks him out of suicide, and they share a tearful embrace.

That's not anti-climactic in my world- I would be excited and very, very pleased!
(I suspect you would too?)
"To shame the guise o'th' world, I will begin/
The fashion: less without, and more within."
-Posthumus Leonatus, Cymbeline

Juliet24601

Postby Juliet24601 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:41 am

HopeForTheJust wrote:
torontocolm wrote:Just thought of one today-

That's not anti-climactic in my world- I would be excited and very, very pleased!
(I suspect you would too?)

That would be beautiful! I knew Javert couldn't stay mad at him forever! :D
x J x

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:47 am

Valjean tries to lift the cart, but the weight shifts and the cargo on the cart falls onto Fauchelevent and kills him anyway. Valjean looks around, then says "It wasn't me!" and wanders off.

Javert jumps off what he assumes to be a bridge over the Seine, but in his delirium, he doesn't realize that he simply walked over to a swimming pool and jumped off the diving platform. Thus, he's perfectly fine (if a bit confused) after the jump, especially once people start applauding and holding up scorecards.

Thénardier tries to pickpocket someone, but the person turns out to be a mousetrap salesman, and so T. painfully gets his hand caught in a mousetrap.

Thénardier is looting corpses, but one of them is just playing dead. When T. goes over to pick the guy's pocket, he yells "Boo!", scaring T. out of his wits.

Valjean believes he's dying and has his big, tearful reunion with Marius and Cosette... but then, it turns out he just had a mild case of food poisoning. After a good night's sleep, he's perfectly fine.

The students have built a barricade... but it collapses as soon as someone tries to climb it. Enjolras facepalms.

While wading through the sewers, Valjean accidentally drops Marius in the filth and can't find him. Later, he tells Cosette that Marius was killed in the battle, as he can't bear to admit his mistake.

Valjean runs into the courtroom and sings "Who am I?" Then he suddenly gets amnesia. "...No, really, who am I? I don't remember."

Return to “Les Misérables”