Who Should Be In The Show?

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
Prisoner 24653

Who Should Be In The Show?

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:03 am

This is just a random question that popped into my head... Which musical theatre performers (or other singers/actors) would you like to see in the show, but haven't been in it yet? Or is there anyone who has been in the show previously, but whom you would like to see in a different role from the one s/he has played before?

To start things off... I'd love to see Gary Mauer play Valjean; I think he could do really well with that role. And I think it would also be awesome to see Davis Gaines as Javert or the Bishop.

Enjolras-the-jaw

Re: Who Should Be In The Show?

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Fri May 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Idina Menzel as Fantine, and Kyle Barisich as Enjolras or Marius.
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Fri May 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Laura Pitt-Pulford as Fantine. This must happen. Must must must. I saw her as Lucille in 'Parade' last year and she would be the perfect, perfect Fantine. She's incredible.

This is her singing 'You don't know this man', I think it might explain my love for her quite well.

Also, as for people who've been in it but should be cast in parts they haven't had yet, David Thaxton and Killian Donnelly alternating nightly as Valjean and Javert. That's practically decided on by everyone but TPTB. The guys are game (they came up with it).

Enjolras-the-jaw

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Mon May 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Honestly, I'd prefer Thaxton as Javert and Killian as Valjean, although I know he prefers Javert. Who is TPTB?
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Tue May 29, 2012 7:54 am

TPTB = The Powers That Be

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:04 am

Reviving this topic, and finding it pretty cool that David Thaxton as Javert is now a reality. :D

I'd be really interested in seeing Amy Adams play Fantine. I know she auditioned for the 2012 film, and having seen her play some quite intense roles in various films (and thinking she was a decent Baker's Wife in Into the Woods onstage), I think she could pull it off. I'd also love to see Felicia Ricci (who I saw as Elphaba in Wicked) as Fantine, and Kristen Hertzenberg (former Christine in the Las Vegas cast of POTO) as either Cosette or Fantine.

I'd also be interested in seeing Robert D. Marx play Javert. And I know these won't happen since the actors have passed away, but I think Steve Barton and Kevin Gray would have been fantastic as Javert, as well. (I would have also liked to see Steve play Enjolras in his younger days.)

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Prisoner 24653 wrote:
And I know these won't happen since the actors have passed away, but I think Steve Barton [...] would have been fantastic as Javert, as well. (I would have also liked to see Steve play Enjolras in his younger days.)

Dear Lord yes.

I have a feeling that Grace Morgan would make an absolutely adorable Cosette. She was Christine when I saw the Phantom tour a few months ago, and did great there even with the bad directing and blocking; with good directing and stuff in general, she would probably be fantastic.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:10 pm

I'd love to see Michael Colbourne (current Enjolras) as Marius. He just seemed really cute and I thought he'd be good in the role.
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:40 pm

He has the hair for it too!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:44 pm

I know, he'd look perfect in the role, wee cutie. :D
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:08 am

Oh, hey! Davis Gaines as Javert (from my initial post) is happening! In a regional production in Florida, but still. :mrgreen:

I'd love to see Benedict Cumberbatch as Javert. Whether in the musical (if he can sing well enough for it) or a film or TV adaptation of the story, or even a radio play or audiobook, I think he'd be awesome.

After seeing Cliffton Hall as Marius (and also as Fiyero in Wicked), I think it could be really interesting to have him play Enjolras. He seemed to have a bigger voice than the guy we had as Enjolras... and while both were still excellent in their respective roles, I wondered now and then about what it might have been like had they switched.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:05 am

Rachelle wrote:I'd love to see Michael Colbourne (current Enjolras) as Marius. He just seemed really cute and I thought he'd be good in the role.

^^^^wholehearted agreement. Plus I think his voice would be better suited to Marius.

I'd love to see Rachel Tucker play Fantine or Éponine. She was Elphaba when I saw Wicked and her voice was amazing.
Also Ian Mackintosh as Enjolras. That could really go either way, but it'd be interesting to see, and he was pretty fab as Deco.
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:46 pm

In the realm of the impossible, I've always wanted to see Cyril Ritchard play Javert. Or at least sing Stars. Unfortunately, he died about ten years before the show hit Broadway, but regardless, it would be a fantastically memorable performance.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:59 am

Hehe, Cyril Ritchard as Javert would have been awesome! (I've been binging on clips of him as Captain Hook after that NBC disaster.)

Louise Dearman could be quite a good Fantine, perhaps. I would have also been interested in seeing Rebecca Caine as Fantine -- probably not now, but perhaps 10 years ago or so.

Platzhalter

Postby Platzhalter » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Still dreaming about Mandy Patinkin as either Valjean or Javert.

Return to “Les Misérables”