French lyrics transcription project

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
Ulkis

Re: French lyrics transcription project

Postby Ulkis » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Souslesétoiles wrote:I also wanted to say... I think I'll create a website where I'll put many les Mis French transciptions. The songs, but also the 1972 adaptation which is very good. Even if for now I've transcripted only 15 minutes. xD

I know a lot of people, myself included, who would appreciate that very much! Let us know when you have the website/transcription. Thank you!

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Sun May 13, 2012 2:39 am

I'd love to help, but I can't find the recordings and the links posted no longer work. :cry:
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

HopeForTheJust
Location: Loitering near the Place du Châtelet, waiting for someone

Postby HopeForTheJust » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:12 am

I feel almost guilty when I think of how much I am profiting from everyone's hard work on this thread without doing any work myself. I would contribute if I could and I am very thankful for those who have done so. I am very new to the French language, and this is my preferred method of practice- reading, speaking, singing all of the lyrics I can find in addition to pieces from the Brick. I do hope someone out there will help settle some of the more confusing pieces here- wouldn't it be wonderful if someone actually had a French script? Ah, well...
Thanks again. This is a wonderful thing that you all have done for the benefit of your fellow Mizzies.

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:05 pm

HopeForTheJust wrote:I feel almost guilty when I think of how much I am profiting from everyone's hard work on this thread without doing any work myself. I would contribute if I could and I am very thankful for those who have done so. I am very new to the French language, and this is my preferred method of practice- reading, speaking, singing all of the lyrics I can find in addition to pieces from the Brick. I do hope someone out there will help settle some of the more confusing pieces here- wouldn't it be wonderful if someone actually had a French script? Ah, well...
Thanks again. This is a wonderful thing that you all have done for the benefit of your fellow Mizzies.
That's how I am too. I did get the recording, but I've only taken the language a few years.
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

Msieur le Inspecteur

Postby Msieur le Inspecteur » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:15 am

So, can any of you amazing people that know french continue this? We don't have either a full transcription of the original french show nor the 1991 revival, only of the songs in the cast recordings.

Edit: We do have a PDF transcription of the 1980 show, just not a translation.

Return to “Les Misérables”