West End Cast - 2017/2018

Any discussion related to any production or staging of Boublil and Schönberg's Les Misérables.
Olivia_y

Re: West End Cast - 2017/2018

Postby Olivia_y » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Morbidmuch_ wrote:@Olivia_y
I just listened to your new Enjolras audio and can I just say daaaaaaaamn (their warnings, damn their lies. :lol: ). That was so good. I reaaally hope I'm gonna get a chance to see this cast before they move on.

Haha! Most of the time I don't like it when performers yell their lines, but '...DAMN their lies' is very much the exception! In fact it was one of the few things I liked about Chris Durling's (Enjolras of Les Mis Oz) performance. I'm still not that keen on Hyoie but damn I loved that delivery :lol: . He's only done it like that once though, hope he keeps it lol.

(It's here for anyone else interested: http://olivia-y113.tumblr.com/post/165074882269/)

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:07 pm

I agree about yelling lines, there are few instances where it works. I think it usually works very well at the very end of ABC Café, to break up some of the monotomy of singing so many lines with the same melody.
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Morbidmuch_ wrote:
Olivia_y wrote:Lol! How old is he anyway? Around about 22 (but he looks 17 :lol: )?

Didn't someone on here say he was 22?

I reckoned as such, given he's a recent graduate of Mountview Academy; graduates range from around 22-30 odd, and he's definitely on the younger side.

God, I'm going to miss these guys a heck of a lot when I move. I'll have to get a few visits in when I'm home for Christmas. I've a suspicion that, although I'll be home in early june, I don't think I'm going to be able to catch their last performance. I'm already hopeful that Killian, Karis and Hyoie will stay another year.
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Olivia_y

Postby Olivia_y » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:54 pm

You know the bit where Éponine grabs Marius' book in 'Look Down' ("I could've been a student too...") and flips through it? After the cast change they've added this bit where, at Marius' line 'poor Éponine the things you know...', he turns the book the right way up for her - i.e. implying she's illiterate and only pretending to read. It gets a big laugh from the audience but it's one of those 'comedy' moments that bugs me, given that even though Éponine probably won't understand the contents of the books, she's definitely not illiterate. The fact that she /is/ literate is sort of plot point in the brick.

(And yeah I know the musical is different etc. Given how well it's received it's probably going to get carried on for a while.)

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:18 pm

https://twitter.com/lesmisofficial/stat ... 5786494976

So this is exciting! What do you think it means? The blind optimist in me wishes it's a pro shot, but the realist thinks not. Any thoughts?

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:09 am

New video trailer I will bet. It has been about 7 years since we had one.
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Olivia_y

Postby Olivia_y » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:43 am

Acaila wrote:New video trailer I will bet.

My immediate thought as well. I was surprised how may people jumped to pro-shot assumptions, I doubt CamMack will do something like that without making a whole big production out of it (like PotO25).

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Yeah, with the greatest of respect to the current cast, especially as it's not specific to them, there's no way Cammack would just put whoever is currently in the West End into a proshot. (Which is why we'd no doubt all complain about it if it did happen).
Showing the current trailer to kids at school to get them excited about our production is I find a bit of an issue, cos it just doesn't really tell you a whole lot about it when they ask "what's it about?". Imo anyway.
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Yeah, I knew as soon as I saw it that the chance of it being a pro shot was zero, but I'm trying this new thing where I'm an optimist :lol:

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Charlotte Kennedy (Cosette) is taking over Westendwilma's instastory today and have been posting lots of clips, for those who are interested. My favourite: A clearly post-Javert's suicide Hayden Tee asking for directions to the purgatory :lol:

Olivia_y

Postby Olivia_y » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Cameron Mackintosh has just announced that from Monday 22 January 2018, David Thaxton will return to the cast of "LES MISÉRABLES" at the Queen's Theatre in the role of 'Javert'.

https://twitter.com/broadwayworlduk/sta ... 0449847301

!!!!!

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:06 pm

!!!!!! :D :D :D

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:48 pm

YAY THACKOVERT!!! :D

Olivia_y

Postby Olivia_y » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:06 am

Full article from the official website:
6th November 2017
David Thaxton returns to play Javert in Les Misérables London

Cameron Mackintosh is delighted to announce that from Monday 22 January 2018, David Thaxton will return to the cast of “LES MISÉRABLES” at the Queen’s Theatre in the role of ‘Javert’.

David Thaxton previously played ‘Javert’ in 2014, and has also played the role of ‘Enjolras’ in “Les Misérables” at the Queen’s Theatre. His additional theatre credits include ‘Giorgio’ in “Passion” at the Donmar Warehouse, for which he won an Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Musical, ‘Pilate’ in “Jesus Christ Superstar” at the Regent’s Park Theatre, ‘Raoul’ in “Love Never Dies” at the Adelphi and ‘Major John Howard’ in “Only The Brave” at Wales Millennium Centre.

David will join Olivier Award nominee Killian Donnelly as ‘Jean Valjean’, Carley Stenson as ‘Fantine’, Steven Meo as ‘Thénardier’, Karis Jack as ‘Éponine’, Jacqueline Tate as ‘Madame Thénardier”, Hyoie O’Grady as ‘Enjolras’, Paul Wilkins as ‘Marius’ and Charlotte Kennedy as ‘Cosette’.

From 22 January 2018 the full company will be: Emma Barr; Adam Bayjou; Oliver Brenin; Ciarán Bowling; Hugo Chiarella; Andy Conaghan; Killian Donnelly; Alice Ellen Wright; Sophie-May Feek; Hyoie O’Grady; Catherine Hannay; Antony Hansen; Holly-Anne Hull; James Hume; Karis Jack; Ciaran Joyce; Charlotte Kennedy; Katie Kerr; Rebecca Lafferty; Jo Loxton; John Lumsden; Anna McGarahan; Steven Meo; Jonny Purchase; Lauren Soley; Carley Stenson; Jacqueline Tate; Shaq Taylor; George Tebbutt; David Thaxton; Lee Van Geleen; Danny Whitehead and Paul Wilkins.

Okay once I stopped making high-pitched noises at the THAXTON announcement, I admit I would've liked a few more changes. For one I kind of hoped Carley would be bored by stage work and go back go back to doing television (and they'd bring Lucy back for the same run as last year). Also wouldn't have missed the Thenardiers and Éponine if they were recast.

But yeah. About four years ago I made this post on Tumblr, and although my enthusiasm for Killian-as-Valjean has waned, still stoked it's actually happening (and that Killian used the same photo for the announcement on his Twitter :lol: ).

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Is anyone leaving besides Hayden Tee?

I'd give my right pinkie (not the left one, I use that one for evil schemes) to see Thaxton as Javert, although I doubt I'll get the chance.
Side note; Killian and Thaxton look almost twin-like in the picture you posted :lol: In some Enjolras pictures I have a hard time telling them apart.

Return to “Les Misérables”