Carton Fans Anonymous: The Juice Box Thread

Discussion on any 19th century written works by authors other than Hugo.
Gervais

Re: Carton Fans Anonymous: The Juice Box Thread

Postby Gervais » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Basically, you'd be able to post stuff to there. I'm going to have to play around with figuring out how to set it up so you can do it, though, and I'm pretty sure it would involve you/the people who want it getting a tumblr. Though I guess I could always just give you the password, though that would also go for my main one, so... :oops:

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Oh, cool! Well. Maybe I should get a tumblr anyway. Maybe. :oops: I should get a tumblr anyway. But, either way, that's really cool, and I love your blog a lot! :mrgreen:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Glad you do, all six posts of it. :mrgreen: If you really want to, I'd be alright with giving you the password, really; I'd just have to give a short lesson on making sure posts end up in the right place. :wink:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Oh, whatever's best for you, Gervais; you don't need to if you don't want to, of course. :wink:

...Though, um, either way, if I get my own tumblr, too...I, uh, may need a short lesson on how it works in general. :oops:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:00 pm

A'ight. :wink:

Oh, that won't be a problem. See, I'm still not sure on how to do a lot of things, so there will only be a few things that I can explain. :wink: Just PM me if you need it.

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:51 pm

I made a stamping thread in case anybody is interested viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2398
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Gervais, did I tell you that I saw a trailer for Rush before Gatsby? And that, thanks to you, I seriously couldn't think of anything other than 'Sydney Carton?!' :wink:

Gervais

f02af9c2af70810e0e81de77a64d6bf1ice Box Thread

Postby Gervais » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:14 pm

I think I saw that post. :lol: Seeing as that was the trailer that started it, it jut seems to fit. :wink: As soon as it showed his character, I was seriously trying to compare the character to Sydney, and kept doing so for the whole trailer.

Hehe. :twisted: Accidental Brain Domination! :oops:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:29 pm

It does, doesn't it? :lol: And yeah, for the whole trailer, I couldn't do anything else, either, except that and imagining him in a tailcoat.

Pfft, accidental, my foot! :wink:

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:09 am

Just finished Book 1 in my antique Tales copy--- how exactly do these characters tie into Sydney and Charles? Oh well, I have to keep reading ;) #ICantPutTheTaleDown
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:10 am

C'mon, Emjolras. The golden thread ties everything together. :roll: :wink:

Isn't it so cool, though? :mrgreen: And join the club of those who can't put it down. 8)

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:12 am

You'll see. Oh, you'll see. :twisted: Though The Golden Thread does too, I guess. :wink:

Huh, look at what shirt I'm wearing...

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:13 am

Proud member of the club 8) I suppose the golden thread will :D

A couple days ago in chapel, a lady asked "do we have enough juice boxes for the kids?" to another lady setting up for VBS--- I immediately thought of Sydney Carton :twisted:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:15 am

Are you really, are you really? :mrgreen: That's awesome.

I'm so glad, Em! That's hilarious!
I was in a bookstore the other day, and I thought something said Juice Box on it, but it really said something about Just Rock, or whatever; I don't remember what it was, but I had to explain to my mother why I'd burst out laughing in the middle of the store over something I didn't read correctly. :oops:

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:17 am

Hahahaha ;) The Juice Box shows up everywhere :opps: I've had awkward *laughing in the middle of class moments* and thankfully, I have not hda to explain anything to the professors...

Return to “Other 19th Century Literature”