Works inspired by Hugo

Anything by Victor Hugo besides Les Misérables.

Works inspired by Hugo

Postby 23623 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:19 am

Sorry if this already exists. I originally posted it in the '93 thread but it didn't really fit. So...I just discovered that the protagonist of "The man who laughs" is the inspiration of a supervillain in DC comics. I haven't seen anything of DC but am very curious how they managed to work the inspiration of a Hugo protagonist into a supervillain. :shock: As for '93, it's said that the novel has inspired Ayn Rand's writing. God why? They differ greatly in both philosophy and writing style. :shock: And I really can't accept the fact that Ayn Rand is a Hugo fan because she's one of my least favorite writers. Apparently inspiration works in a weird way.

So does anyone know about other works inspired by Hugo? How do you like them?
Revolution, but civilization

CC21106

Re: Works inspired by Hugo

Postby CC21106 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:54 am

Ayn Rand seems like the complete opposite of Victor Hugo.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Re: Works inspired by Hugo

Postby 23623 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:45 am

CC21106 wrote:Ayn Rand seems like the complete opposite of Victor Hugo.

True! I literally posted the same thing in the '93 thread. Hugo writes with empathy, Rand writes with condescension. I really, really don't get just what part of her writing is inspired by Hugo. :roll:
Revolution, but civilization

Return to “Victor Hugo's works”