A very important question.

Any discussion related to Victor's Hugo's Les Misérables, in any language.

Postby 9430 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:32 am

Awesome wikipedia pages, I hope the rest of them don't get altered. The person who altered the Enjolras one did so as they were "getting rid of a ridiculous amount of hyperbole relating to character's sexuality and attractiveness." apparently. :(
aka Fiwen

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:56 pm

Hyperbole? Don't they know this is Victor Hugo we're talking about? There's no "hyperbole" in "Hugo"!

That said, I actually awoke this morning to thoughts like, "Wow, those bottom people have almost convinced me... I thought they'd never make sense, but I think I can see their point..." and then I was thinking about how we needed t-shirts with pictures of Enjolras that said, like, "Team Bottom" and "Team Top"...

This is why I should never be allowed near a computer or a journal or anything right after I wake up.

Euphrasie

Postby Euphrasie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:15 pm

9430 wrote:Awesome wikipedia pages, I hope the rest of them don't get altered. The person who altered the Enjolras one did so as they were "getting rid of a ridiculous amount of hyperbole relating to character's sexuality and attractiveness." apparently. :(

Screw her. I bet she's one of the people who only watch the musical, and then think they know eveyrthing about the subject.

Ulkis

Postby Ulkis » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Eppie-Sue - your note in the wikipedia article - that possibly don't say "Enjolras" in the musical because it's difficult to pronounce, makes me wonder why wouldn't they just change it if that was the case? It never occured to me that that was why, but if it was I'm surprised they didn't change it.

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Ulkis wrote:Eppie-Sue - your note in the wikipedia article - that possibly don't say "Enjolras" in the musical because it's difficult to pronounce, makes me wonder why wouldn't they just change it if that was the case? It never occured to me that that was why, but if it was I'm surprised they didn't change it.

huh? I didn't write the part about "Enjolras" not being in the musical because it's difficult to pronounce... (I'm at some kind of a loss here, what are you referring to?)
I wrote the "He is also known as Teh Sex", "although it goes without saying that Enjolras looks a lot sexier in death", the whole "Enjolras - Top or Bottom" paragraph, I added the sentences after "Ohn-johl-RAHs" and I put in the GI EnJoelras stuff in the "Musical" section. That's all :)
(oh, and I added David Thaxton to the list of performers ;) but that's rather random.)

Euphrasie

Postby Euphrasie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Ulkis wrote:Eppie-Sue - your note in the wikipedia article - that possibly don't say "Enjolras" in the musical because it's difficult to pronounce, makes me wonder why wouldn't they just change it if that was the case? It never occured to me that that was why, but if it was I'm surprised they didn't change it.

That was there already--I kinda forgot to get rid of it when I added the Prounouncing part. Though, I guess that point's null, now, isn't it?

Ulkis

Postby Ulkis » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Euphrasie answered it, sorry about the mix-up Eppie. :)

hazellwood

Re: A very important question.

Postby hazellwood » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:46 pm

HI GUYS I'M REVIVING THIS THREAD BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME.

As I have previously mentioned, my answer to this question is: bottom. But he's not submissive/uke/a blushing flower in bed. I generally think of him as pushy, and -- while I've never written any Enjolras smut fic *cough*-- if I did, he'd be pushy. It's not 'giving in' or what-have-you. (But I think with Grantaire he'd be top.)

And of course with some people he'd switch.

And of course there is such a thing as non-penetrative intercourse. :mrgreen:

Inspector Karamazov

Postby Inspector Karamazov » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 am

hazellwood wrote:HI GUYS I'M REVIVING THIS THREAD BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME.

As I have previously mentioned, my answer to this question is: bottom. But he's not submissive/uke/a blushing flower in bed. I generally think of him as pushy, and -- while I've never written any Enjolras smut fic *cough*-- if I did, he'd be pushy. It's not 'giving in' or what-have-you. (But I think with Grantaire he'd be top.)

And of course with some people he'd switch.

And of course there is such a thing as non-penetrative intercourse. :mrgreen:

I see your point, but I've always seen him more as the driving force, ie being on top. Besides, he doesn't seem the type to stay around long enough for a long, slow shag, and if he were on top, it'd be easier for him to leave if he wanted.
"Where should the shout of love begin, if not from the summit of sacrifice?"

hazellwood

Postby hazellwood » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:17 am

...how exactly do you leave in the middle of sex? Or did I misunderstand you?

Inspector Karamazov

Postby Inspector Karamazov » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:22 am

hazellwood wrote:...how exactly do you leave in the middle of sex? Or did I misunderstand you?

No, no, not during the act obviously. That'd just be cruel/impossible/painful.

What I meant was He could make it quick and then nip off to write more inspiring speeches/build giant furniture walls.
"Where should the shout of love begin, if not from the summit of sacrifice?"

[type your name]

Postby [type your name] » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:56 am

I actually had lots of things to do tonight, but noooooo... someone had to revive this thread that I'd never seen before... and I had to read all the 40 pages :P

and then I was thinking about how we needed t-shirts with pictures of Enjolras that said, like, "Team Bottom" and "Team Top"...

Never, ever put that kind of idea into my mind...

Image Image

(Am I allowed to do this? Are there underaged members on these boards?!?)

And FYI, I'm a 'Team Top'. All the way.

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:11 am

C'mon, that time spent reading all 40+ pages was well worth it, admit it. :lol:

HA I love those icons. Aaron is totally the best choice for top!Enjolras. :D
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Satirist

Postby Satirist » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:23 am

Um...so I LOVE your icons!! I still remain firm in my opinion: top!

EDIT: Can I just say that I love this fandom?
You have a choice. Live or die. Every breath is a choice. Every minute is a choice. To be or not to be.
(Quote by Palahniuk, Icon by Eppie Sue)

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:00 am

:lol: :lol:

Nothing for team Switch?
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Return to “The Brick”