A very important question.

Any discussion related to Victor's Hugo's Les Misérables, in any language.
ellysiar

Re: A very important question.

Postby ellysiar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:29 am

Wow. This is amazing. 46 pages of conversation over whether a character is top or bottom.
Topics like these are the reason people are scared of fangirls. But that's what makes us so great. :mrgreen:
Opinion: Top :twisted:

Enjolras-the-jaw

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:48 am

Enjy is totally bottom. I can't find who said this, but credits to you: Enjy would just say, do whatever you want, and the pick up a copy of Rousseau and read (Espically if it was ferre doing the nasty). However all this bickering is pointless, Enjy would try to reproduce (if he wanted to) by splitting his cells like primitive bacteria. Not that our great leader is primitive...

Also, I know it is just my teenage perverted imagination, but what would Enjy use as "protection" :oops: Like the barricade flag or something? :wink:
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

Saint Jolras

Postby Saint Jolras » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 pm

I feel now like it's almost a sort of hazing ritual that when you join this forum, you must toss in your opinion on this topic.

Switch.

Bottoms with Grantaire, though sometimes he'll top once he realizes what in hell he's doing.
Switches with Combeferre. There's is far more equal a partnership.
Bottoms with Courfeyrac and every Ami, except Prouvaire.

He's never a vulnerable, needy bottom either. He's dominant from the bottom. He's the one compromising his ideals here so he deserves some pleasure. A good top understands that the bottom is the one in charge. A good bottom damn well knows that.

He's secure in his masculinity as he's secure in everything else he takes seriously. He knows full well who he is, and he knows to whom he belongs (the Republic/Patria). Besides, the trust in his friends and comrades is great enough to offset any ideas of them thinking of him as 'being the woman'. And if they do, well, they're not in-character now, are they?
But I don't feel like dancin' when the old joanna plays
My heart could take a chance but my two feet can't find a way
You'd think that I could muster up a little soft shoe gentle sway
But I don't feel like dancin', no sir, no dancin' today.

AriadneIS

Postby AriadneIS » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:16 pm

[quote="Saint Jolras"]I feel now like it's almost a sort of hazing ritual that when you join this forum, you must toss in your opinion on this topic. /quote]

Well, I'd better toss in my opinion then :D I could not believe it when I found this thread, and then started laughing at the sheer brilliance of a fandom who spends 47 pages and six years on a nonexistent sex life. You are all geniuses. :lol:

But now for the important stuff...

Top. I just can't see Enjolras bottoming, he's way too independent and dominant. Especially with any of the Amis - I think as their leader, he wouldn't want to conform to the stereotype of bottom - feminine - weak that was talked about before. And he'd never be in a position of giving in to Grantaire that way...

mywildimagination

Postby mywildimagination » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm a strict canon-adherer even when it's not Les Mis-related, and Enjolras only ever bestowed two kisses in his life. I'm really inclined to think that Hugo's claim of his being above sexuality is a kind of sexuality in itself.

But I'll play along. I actually prefer slash with Enjolras to the Enjolras/Éponine crap that's plaguing the fandom - at least slash is implied. I'll say top.

geminimimi

Postby geminimimi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:16 pm

mywildimagination wrote:But I'll play along. I actually prefer slash with Enjolras to the Enjolras/Éponine crap that's plaguing the fandom - at least slash is implied. I'll say top.

OH YES slash over EE anyday. EE drives me mad :x

I giggled when I first saw the question proposed. Oh dear, the dirty little fangirl in my head is dancing and squee-ing. I love this fandom so much.

Enjolras: Bottom. He has no sexual experience at all and I like to think that, sex would be sort of a relieve of stress and everything so Enjolras would let someone 'domineer' him in bed. I also think that Enjolras would form a clear sort of distinction between his sex life and his life outside sex (that makes him sound like nymphomaniac hehe) and in a way, would have two personalities. Hmm, that's not the right word. Maybe mentality's a better word. I just don't think someone can be powerful, independent and domineering ALL THE TIME. Everyone needs some release. Kudos if you understood what I was talking about, 'cause I'm not so clear myself either! :D

That is, not to say that Enjolras can't be top. I just find that if he were bottom more interesting.
I like to think everything whizzes by her head like sheep jumping over fences, and that Marius comes by every 3-4 sheep. And add scattered leaves flying around and rain falling too. And maybe a unicorn. Thus the insides of Éponine's mind.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Somehow, I've avoided this for a few months.

Top. 3/5s of the time, anyway 8)

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Gaby Matz

Postby Gaby Matz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:41 am

Hey guys, I'm not dead.

Top.

I can see him as bottom, but between my non-existent sex life and his non-existent sex life, I can only see him as a top based on his personality.

Oh, and I decided give E/É a chance, but that shit is so bad is funny! It's kinda like 'Twilight'. No, I mean it, since neither character knows why the fuck they are together and the plot makes no sense other than them making out and being completely out of character.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:59 pm

In hindsight, I maintain nowadays that Enjolras/Éponine is either a brain-breaking or universe-breaking plot idea. And this is coming from someone who used to enjoy the ship.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Courgette

Postby Courgette » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:26 am

For me, Enjolras is bottom because I can seem him totally being inexperienced in that account!!
"Lord in Heaven, look down on him in mercy..."

ElodieAlouetteJavert

Postby ElodieAlouetteJavert » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:39 am

Bottom, obviously...
I Also known as Ultra Rare Pink Fuzzy Sideburn Javert.

...Perhaps you would like to borrow MY hat?

Rose1836

Postby Rose1836 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 am

Neither, because he was asexual!
:lol:

Courgette

Postby Courgette » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Rose1836 wrote:Neither, because he was asexual!
:lol:

But imagine him doing it with France... :shock:

Scarred for life...
"Lord in Heaven, look down on him in mercy..."

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:20 am

To which the reply would still be bottom (owing to domination issues). Hehe.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:25 pm

Okay, I couldn't resist. I don't slash, but even if he's doing it with a girl, I still think he'd be on bottom. I mean, any sort of girl that can get in Enjolras' pants is probably confident and strong enough to take top position.
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

Return to “The Brick”