Which character would you most like to have sex with?

Any discussion related to Victor's Hugo's Les Misérables, in any language.

So, who'd be in your bed?

Javert
7%
Enjolras
27%
Courfeyrac
11%
Combeferre
21%
Prouvaire
5%
Éponine
6%
Cosette
2%
Fantine
No votes
Marius
6%
Someone you forgot!
15%

Total votes: 135

goodythreeshoes

Re: Which character would you most like to have sex with?

Postby goodythreeshoes » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:08 am

Gotta be Enjolras! That shiny red vest :) Or Éponine, she'd probably be cool.
Je ne suis pas notaire, c'est la faute a Voltaire. Je suis un petit oiseau, c'est la faute a Rosseau.

hazellwood

Postby hazellwood » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Ah. I'll have to go with Enjolras, because I have a thing for androgynous blond(e)s with blue eyes and he probably wouldn't want an actual relationship afterward. But Courfeyrac and Combeferre are also up there. As for the girls, I think I'd feel guilty if I had sex with any of them. (But if Cosette were less innocent/virginal...)

Satirist

Postby Satirist » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:51 am

*cough* Sorry for reviving this thread, but I just wanted to chip in with my own opinion.

Apart from the obvious (*points shamelessly at icon*), I would definitely go with Courfeyrac. I was really surprised that not a lot of people mentioned him. Maybe it's because of Marguerite's influence, but he just seems like a really obvious choice. Other than Enjolras and Courfeyrac, I would have to go with Montparnasse. And no, I'm not ashamed of any of my choices. :D
You have a choice. Live or die. Every breath is a choice. Every minute is a choice. To be or not to be.
(Quote by Palahniuk, Icon by Eppie Sue)

hazellwood

Postby hazellwood » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:57 am

Satirist wrote:I was really surprised that not a lot of people mentioned [Courfeyrac].

It's 'cause Courfeyrac probably has a variety of STDs. It's one of those things that comes with having such a 'collection'. :lol:

Usefulbeauty

Postby Usefulbeauty » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:47 am

I suppose the obvious answer is Enjolras, but I'm just a tiny bit afraid of Enjolras. I'd be, like, waiting for him to start on a three page speech about the beautiful, shining future or something. It would be weird.
And because I'm a predictable little fangirl, Jehan. You know how those Romantics can be. xD
Let us read and let us dance--two amusements that will never do any harm to the world.
- Voltaire

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:19 am

Satirist wrote:*cough* Sorry for reviving this thread

Oh, on the contrary. :D There are quite a number of threads in Abaissé's archives which, uh, are never unwelcome revivals! This being one of them. :lol:
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

hazellwood

Postby hazellwood » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:44 am

...is 'A Very Important Question' one of those threads? :twisted:

Satirist

Postby Satirist » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 am

It's 'cause Courfeyrac probably has a variety of STDs. It's one of those things that comes with having such a 'collection'.

*facepalm* Duh, Satirist. Duh. Eh, well, STD's aside...

MmeJavert - I'm very relieved it's okay to revive this thread. Glad to not get in trouble.
You have a choice. Live or die. Every breath is a choice. Every minute is a choice. To be or not to be.
(Quote by Palahniuk, Icon by Eppie Sue)

Roses for Ophelia

Postby Roses for Ophelia » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:32 am

...having sex with Enjolras would be an accomplishment akin to climbing mount fuji, or overthrowing the french government with a herring--and that probably WOULD be the only route into Enjolras' pants. Can you imagine the conversation. So Enjolras, i've overthrown the government with a herring; wanna come back to my place? Enjolras; yeah, all right. And of course, the best part would be seeing the look on Grantaire's face the next morning.

New York abstains from this poll, courteously, because it dishonors the revolution. :oops:
Rivers belong where they can ramble...

hazellwood

Postby hazellwood » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:36 am

What, you mean dressing up like Liberty won't do it?

...hmph, I have no plan B.

Valancy

Postby Valancy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 am

Jean Prouvaire. I was rereading the Amis descriptions the other night and going all "What the heck did I do obsessing over Enjolras when I was a naïve teenager ten years ago? Prouvaire is totally my boy!"

I get suck kicks out of sweetness, geekiness and enthusiasm.

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:47 am

I voted so long ago I can't remember who I cast mine for...probably Courfeyrac. I adore Courfeyrac. I love a good, no-strings-attached, Courfreyesque shag. I figure he'd go with my sexual philosophy/goal/guiding principal: "A Good Time Had By All". Assuming in fantasy land that he doesn't have anything communicable.

I adore Enjolras, but - and I know you'll all snigger when I say this, but it's true - not in a sexual way. His beauty is infused with that radiant incandescence of his hard, pure soul, and I imagine that sex with him would probably be like sex with a force of nature. And probably about as much fun.

Courfeyrac, on the other hand, would regard the quality of the shag extremely important, and would direct his efforts in perfecting the art.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

Inspector Karamazov

Postby Inspector Karamazov » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:13 pm

I know I've always responded, but: Javert. Yes, he's way to old for me and probably terrible at it. But I really don't care. I've been wanting to corrupt him for a long time now. And if he doesn't co-operate, I'll just tie him to a pole. :twisted: (I think I enjoy that part of the book waaaay too much)
"Where should the shout of love begin, if not from the summit of sacrifice?"

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:16 pm

hazellwood wrote:...is 'A Very Important Question' one of those threads? :twisted:

Oh yes. :D It's a sad thing to me when that thread is dead and growing dust bunnies...

I seem to remember voting for Combeferre. Way way way way back when. Blast phpBB for not letting you see what you voted. :lol: Because--well, while it's fun to fantasise about sex with Enjolras, seriously, you couldn't get him to be a worthwhile lover. Combeferre would be good at it. :D
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

sophiedegrouchy

Postby sophiedegrouchy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Roses for Ophelia wrote:New York abstains from this poll, courteously
*snerk*

I'm still very torn on Enjolras. On one hand, I can come the the intellectual conclusion that he's too pure, too ethereal, etc, engage in anything resembling sex and would therefore be about as much fun as screwing a statue. But then, on the other hand, I imagine seeing him and just...freezing.

For anyone who's forgotten or doesn't feel like searching back through the sordid pages of this thread, my vote was (and still is, and will forever be) for Combeferre. As the beginning of a fluffy life-long relationship. XD

If the idea of a fling held any real interest for me, Courfeyrac would doubtless make a wonderful, wonderful fling.

Return to “The Brick”