Which character would you most like to have sex with?

Any discussion related to Victor's Hugo's Les Misérables, in any language.

So, who'd be in your bed?

Javert
7%
Enjolras
27%
Courfeyrac
11%
Combeferre
21%
Prouvaire
5%
Éponine
6%
Cosette
2%
Fantine
No votes
Marius
6%
Someone you forgot!
15%

Total votes: 135

method in madness

Re: Which character would you most like to have sex with?

Postby method in madness » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:37 pm

Roses for Ophelia wrote:New York abstains from this poll, courteously, because it dishonors the revolution. :oops:

Combined with the title of this thread, I now have very concerning mental images of the Founding Fathers...
ANYWAY, probably Combeferre or Prouvaire. Because they're adorable and nerdy and aw....
No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.-Dead Poets Society
(Icon created by tenandsixpence on LJ)

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:31 am

well, there was this one production I saw where New York was very young and very swishy, if that makes the slashy any better. (Morris/Rutledge would therefore be generally more attractive than your ordinary mental picture of Founding Fathers slash. except New York abstains, which rather ruins the whole thing.)

I still say Combeferre for the long-term relationship, but I'd totally have a fling with Courfeyrac. (with a condom)
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

method in madness

Postby method in madness » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:04 am

MmeBahorel wrote:well, there was this one production I saw where New York was very young and very swishy, if that makes the slashy any better. (Morris/Rutledge would therefore be generally more attractive than your ordinary mental picture of Founding Fathers slash. except New York abstains, which rather ruins the whole thing.)

If I direct a production someday, I will make it a priority to work in Morris/Rutledge. :lol: There's a fine line between charming manipulation and seduction subtext...and I'm perfectly alright with blurring it.
No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.-Dead Poets Society

(Icon created by tenandsixpence on LJ)

sophiedegrouchy

Postby sophiedegrouchy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:15 am

method in madness wrote:I now have very concerning mental images of the Founding Fathers...
I assure you you're not the first; 1776 slash isn't too hard to find.

Personally, the Josiah Bartlett I saw was one of the most beautiful human beings I've seen in my life. And the Rutledge wasn't far behind. *happy sigh*

Roses for Ophelia

Postby Roses for Ophelia » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:46 am

sophiedegrouchy wrote:method in madness wrote:
1776 slash isn't too hard to find.

:shock: New York abstains from that too.

COURTEOUSLY!
Rivers belong where they can ramble...

collectingbees

Postby collectingbees » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:48 am

Montparnasse is sexy, but I have no idea where he's been (other than Éponine, and God knows where she's been). I guess my default answer would then have to be Courfeyrac, but again, with the issues of knowing where he's been bad at makes me nervous. I am thinking, maybe Feuilly (because he is adamn nice guy) or Grantaire (who might not like women all the time, but likes one man who looks like a woman). Maybe Courfeyrac and Grantaire. :D Hey, a girl can dream,right? (CHOOSING IS TOO HARD!)

Honestly, I would just feel like a horrible person having sex with any of the women in Les Miz...

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:10 am

Oh, Cosette would be adorable! She'd probably blush at first but then get all into it.

But I definitely take your point. They're all so horribly used, for the most part, or else they're nuns (or the Bishop's sister). You don't want to do anything that feels in the least like taking advantage of them.
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

collectingbees

Postby collectingbees » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:23 am

I mean, I would probably be very excited over Cosette's figure, and her innocence leading her to try anything (if you were nice enough :twisted: )... but still.... it would be mean! :P

And, despite being dirty, Éponine is probably amazing.

Inspector Karamazov

Postby Inspector Karamazov » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:22 pm

collectingbees wrote:
Honestly, I would just feel like a horrible person having sex with any of the women in Les Miz...

I know what you mean, because all of them are either way to innocent or abused/depressing. Although I second (third?) the notion that Cosette might be fun to corrupt.
"Where should the shout of love begin, if not from the summit of sacrifice?"

Ulkis

Postby Ulkis » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:54 pm

I agree with mmebahorel. Cosette may be innocent but she's practical. I don't think she can be too shocked.

Patria

Postby Patria » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:12 am

Uh-oh. I don't think I'll ever be able to choose. I would go into an explanation but it would take... a very long time.
"Would you like my hat?"

Awesome icon by Hannah.

Knitterlywitch

Re:

Postby Knitterlywitch » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:59 am

Aurelia Combeferre wrote::? In all honesty...I think the Bishop would NOT be among the first persons to come to mind in this discussion. I just can't imagine anyone having dirty thoughts about such a man.
Um... I know this is a long-ago post, but I'd do this The Bishop. He looks like someone I'd play DND with (I do play DND) and is pretty young. And DND nerds are good in bed.

Stupid me, I forgot the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSBIqW07 ... re=related

But, I actually voted for Enjolras. I, despite being on the more lesbian side of bisexual, find none of the women in Les Mis attractive sexually, aside from Fantine, who I'd feel guilty about.

Also, if I couldn't have Enjolras (who reminds me of one of the boys at school I am friends with and have a crush on), I'd pick Grantaire, (Who reminds me of another school friend.) I wouldn't DATE Grantaire though, because my family has alcohol issues and I wouldn't want to repeat it.

Kyasurin

Postby Kyasurin » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Javert. Hands down. Second is Jehan, though.
The worst thing you can do is censor yourself as the pencil hits the paper. You must not edit until you get it all on paper. If you can put everything down, stream-of-consciousness, you'll do yourself a service. — Stephen Sondheim

ellysiar

Postby ellysiar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:59 am

Jehan or Combeferre :twisted:

The Victoriana

Postby The Victoriana » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:34 am

Definitely Combferre, after some stimulating scientific or intellectual discussion. Enjolras, if I could convince him (haha, I wish. Maybe if he were really drunk and/or knocked-out though...) and if he were not too mean about it afterward. A blushing Cosette sounds interesting. So does a blushing, virginal Marius.

Ooh, I have a question though. Do you think Courfeyrac would use protection (like a condom, or whatever passed for contraception back then) in general? Would he be responsible and use it all the time, or not bother?

Return to “The Brick”