Wiki?

Any questions about this forum should be asked here.
MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Wiki?

Postby MmeJavert » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:19 am

So, my webhost allows quick installation of wiki software, and I can shortly find out how easy it is to set up. Here's the question for you all:

Would you be interested in contributing to, editing, maintaining, or otherwise helping to create a Les Mis wiki?

Based upon the novel, of course, though adding musical information might be a secondary consideration.

The reason it came up is that I mentioned planning to read the Brick again, because my canon knowledge is so woefully fuzzy, and it might be a worthwhile project to undertake to put the most interesting and important parts of the novel up onto a wiki. Such as separate articles for each of the characters, articles on the history Hugo references or fudges, etc. etc.

Me, I couldn't possibly be at the helm of such a project, considering all the other crap I've undertaken (besides this forum, I have a regular website and the LMLD to run), but if other people are willing to help and contribute, it might be an interesting idea.

It should be able to work just like Wikipedia, where anyone can contribute articles or edit existing articles, but I haven't actually set it up so I can't say the exact details, but again I'm sure I can work it out. :)
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

brittlesmile

Postby brittlesmile » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:25 pm

I think it sounds like a fantastic idea. That being said, I definitely wouldn't be able to do anything at all until late July when I finish physics and even that might be pushing it with the masterwork and the murder mystery. But if it's a long-term, on-going, thing where I'd love to contribute when i had the time.
"Détruire les abus, cela ne suffit pas; il faut modifier les moeurs. Le moulin n'y est plus, le vent y est encore."

Sieglinde

Postby Sieglinde » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:40 am

Of course.

I edited the Les Mis musical wiki. About the Hungarian Valjean, cos his name was wrong spelled. It is "Vikidál" and not "Vikdal".

I just couldn't stand it.

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:27 am

Oh man. XD Every time I see his name I have to laugh, because I thought he was, er, horrible. :lol: But yeah, I could see why that's annoying. (Although I tend to misplace accents on many Eastern European languages because there seem to be so many... and the American keyboard isn't very conducive to those.)

I'm not sure if I'm going to put this up RIGHT NOW so it's not like I'm going to add it on top of every thing else that's planned. It's just an idea I had and wanted to put out there.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Sieglinde

Postby Sieglinde » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 am

Vikidál was our first Valjean, but man, he's a baritone. He just couldn't sing Bring Him Home normally! (Bring it doooown... yes)

Later he sang Javert. I think it was better for him, but for Hungarians, he is Koppány, the sexy Pagan leader.

Return to “Questions and Answers”