Why?

Any questions about this forum should be asked here.
Viorica

Postby Viorica » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:16 pm

Because,

a.) It's much better in terms of proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation than most of the forums out there.

b.) It's also more wank-free. It's seen forums that are horrible for bickering, back-biting and general e-drama. There's none of that here.

c.) I like the discussion!
"She wanted equally to die and move to Paris"- Madame Bovary

Sherwood Forest- The Original Series

elvenmongoose

Postby elvenmongoose » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:14 am

Um. I don't actually participate much, but I like it because of the amusing and/or intelligent discussion, and good grammar and spelling.

Bramblefox

Postby Bramblefox » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:44 pm

Even thought I've just joined, I really like this site mostly because the people on here are generally nice (take MdN for example--lots of personally attacking of people that is a real turn-off), intelligent (I don't have much experience with the Eppieboppers, but I have 'seen' a couple on other sites), and it's a fantastic place to have a daily 'outlet' for my LM obsession. I get lots of eye-rolling whenever I mention Les Mis at home. And even though there are lots of differing opinions, people are just of the mindset 'okay, I may not share your opinion but you're entitled to it'. Ya know?? And it's very tightknit, which is really nice.
"There, I have burned my coat. They always make the fires too damn hot in these stoves."
http://bramblefox.weebly.com

merlin_emrys

Postby merlin_emrys » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:35 am

Because there's a community here. There's a bunch of people who care about Les Mis and an admin who cares about the site. It's not messy or disorganised, and it's a place where the interested can come and discuss something that not a lot of people really discuss very often in real life. I've already learned that most of my friends get impatient with my referencing the Brick or the musical every time something we're talking about relates to it. I've finally found somewhere where my observations (few, considering I'm a bit oblivious sometimes), opinions (on many things) and thoughts on Les Misérables are really heard, not just tolerated. This is perhaps a hopelessly sentimental post, but I am so grateful to know that there are others who obsess the way I do, that I am not just mad. And there are people who share my other interests, and it warms my heart to know it. Being a part of Abaisse means a lot to someone like me, who likes to talk about my obsessions.
I'm on the alcohol-free section of my residence. But still, I raise a metaphorical glass (or a glass of sparkling lemonade/ginger beer) to Abaisse and all her members, and her admin who made the place possible! Huzzah!

Return to “Questions and Answers”