Site issues?

Any questions about this forum should be asked here.
Prisoner 24653

Re: Site issues?

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:02 am

Woohoo! After weeks of not being able to log in, and a few really scary days where the site appeared to have vanished completely, it and I are back! *hugs ye all* :mrgreen:

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Just for reference, if anyone isn't already doing so, Mme J has been using the twitter account @AbaisseStatus to post updates so it's worth following :)
Nice to be back - was quite scared myself until I checked twitter!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:00 pm

Ahh, good to know! When these problems started happening, I was thinking it would be good to have a way for everyone to contact her directly. *goes to add her now*

EDIT: No results came up when I searched for that username, so I Googled it... The actual account name is @AbaisseForum, for all our other Tweeters who wish to follow it. :)

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:07 pm

I forgot what the name was too and had to search here for the post I made when I initially created the twitter account. Of course, it's hard to find posts here when the site had to be taken offline.

If you came by between the 3rd and yesterday you might have seen an empty site with 0 posts -- I had to delete the front-facing website code several times, but the database was never removed, so everything was here, just locked away :)
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Welp, I'm being A-fail-a again! The account name is Abaisse Status, but not the actual handle. I did a search for Abaisse on twitter and came up with a lot of random French people!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Hm... The site randomly logs me out sometimes, even though I clicked the "remember me" checkbox -- it happened twice this morning as I was browsing Abaissé and other sites. It's a tad annoying, but not a huge problem (as long as we don't have more issues with members not being able to log in). Or maybe it's just my computer and not the site itself that's causing the issue.

I do like how I get notifications when people quote one of my posts, though. That's pretty cool. :D

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Prisoner 24653 wrote:Hm... The site randomly logs me out sometimes, even though I clicked the "remember me" checkbox -- it happened twice this morning as I was browsing Abaissé and other sites. It's a tad annoying, but not a huge problem (as long as we don't have more issues with members not being able to log in). Or maybe it's just my computer and not the site itself that's causing the issue.

If it's Abaissé and other sites it is your computer -- specifically, how your browser is storing and handling cookies. Your login information is saved in a cookie and you may have your browser set to remove cookies when you close it or after shorter periods of time than the actual forum software allows. This is more secure but less convenient. ;)
like a word misplaced

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:28 pm

MmeJavert wrote:
Prisoner 24653 wrote:Hm... The site randomly logs me out sometimes, even though I clicked the "remember me" checkbox -- it happened twice this morning as I was browsing Abaissé and other sites. It's a tad annoying, but not a huge problem (as long as we don't have more issues with members not being able to log in). Or maybe it's just my computer and not the site itself that's causing the issue.

If it's Abaissé and other sites it is your computer -- specifically, how your browser is storing and handling cookies. Your login information is saved in a cookie and you may have your browser set to remove cookies when you close it or after shorter periods of time than the actual forum software allows. This is more secure but less convenient. ;)

Ahh. Yeah, in that case, it was just Abaissé logging me out; other sites didn't do that. I checked cookies, and things seem to be in order. And the site hasn't randomly logged me out since I posted about it... *knocks on wood* :D

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Also, the board has a link that deletes all cookies. Since many people probably didn't use this skin (it wasn't the default) links might be in different places than you're used to, so you may have clicked by accident. I've not seen any changes -- I haven't been logged out since I finished the updates, and I've rebooted my computer multiple times for antivirus updates and windows updates. But as always just try to post here if you have any issues. Trying to be a little better about watching this place. :)
like a word misplaced

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Return to “Questions and Answers”