small silly question, but figured id check...

Any questions about this forum should be asked here.
iacchusinterrupted

small silly question, but figured id check...

Postby iacchusinterrupted » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:38 am

there is some discussion in the nerdy fannish research section already on maps of paris during the time of les mis; however, i'm not sure whether i should post more in these, or just start a topic of my own?

as i'm going to be spending a little over five months in paris studying this fall, i've already spent some time feverishly google-mapping some of the descriptions in hugo's work as to locations of things such as the musain, the corinthe, marius' apartment, et cetera. however, i'm no map expert, and i reckon i could certainly use the assistance of some fellow enthusiasts for tracking down maps and street names from the actual time period in order to coordinate them with their modern counterparts, that i might have an accurate little easter egg hunt when residing there.

should i dedicate a topic to this because it's for a specific purpose? or should i merge my queries into a space people are already discussing mappage?

thanks.

x
iacchus

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Re: small silly question, but figured id check...

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Thread resurrection is not only permitted but encouraged for these sorts of things. :) Having one thread for the same subject means it's easier for everyone to find the information as opposed to having multiple threads because the other ones were "old". So yes, please use the existing thread!

This would go for absolutely any thread topic in any forum: if you find it in a search and it meets your needs, go ahead and re-use the thread. There is a vast wealth of information available from years of posting, and it seems pointless to waste it by letting the old threads rot. :)
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Return to “Questions and Answers”