Silly Question...

Any questions about this forum should be asked here.
YoungStudentMarius

Silly Question...

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:13 am

Sorry, this may seem like a strange question, but-- What is "role play?" And how is it done? And what is the difference specifically between the in-character out-of-character threads? I've tried to read posts in that section, and I've also read the topic in "Important Info," but I still don't understand. :oops:
Thanks.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Enjolvert

Re: Silly Question...

Postby Enjolvert » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 pm

I wasn't around when they did it but I think they used to have some little roleplaying games where you took on roles of a character and stuff like that. In-character would be for the games themselves, while out of character would be for organising and chatting etc. Obviously though there hasn't been a game for a while. I don't know the exact details though.
The law is unjust.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Hmmm... So how would one go around posting or beginning a thread?... I kind of got some of that, but I am still confused as to what role play is though. I mean, I thought that it would be like being the characters, but all the threads seem to be in third person. And in story form. So what are the guidelines, exactly? Maybe we both can learn.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Enjolvert

Postby Enjolvert » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Yeah, I'd suggest maybe looking through and seeing who it is that usually tends to organise it and who knows most about it for example. If you're interested then you'll probably be allowed to create your own thread for it.
The law is unjust.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:16 pm

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but I'll try and start one, just for the fun of it, and because I don't see anything like what I'm thinking of doing already on there. If I did it wrong, then maybe our wonderful mod will move it for me or delete it, or something. Or maybe tell me what I'm supposed to do. But I'm off! Experience is a good teacher, right? But I'd still like to know how it's supposed to be done. Well, maybe you and I, Enjolvert, being something of newbies, can get the hang of it if we try.

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:35 am

I can help you both out too if you want. I was involved in a few rps on fanfiction.net, so I can try and explain a few things to you.
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

Return to “Questions and Answers”