Les Mis Backwards

Play Word Assocation, This or That, ^ > v, or whatever else you'd like.
Patria

Re: Les Mis Backwards

Postby Patria » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:46 am

Yeahhh.. J/VJ squicks me badly, I have to admit it.

Grantaire vomits vast amounts of wine (well, actually...)

Thenardier buries Marius' father in a pile of dead bodies on the battlefield.

Valjean finds a really good hair dye brand.

Marius falls out of love with a girl when he sees her ankles. They must have been pretty ugly.
"Would you like my hat?"

Awesome icon by Hannah.

Usefulbeauty

Postby Usefulbeauty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:23 am

Patria wrote:Valjean finds a really good hair dye brand.

XD But unfortunately starts sporting an unkempt beard and hanging around with outlaw-types.
Let us read and let us dance--two amusements that will never do any harm to the world.
- Voltaire

Convict24603

Postby Convict24603 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:05 am

The Soldiers run away from the barricade as the bullets chase thier rifles and the students rise from the dead :lol:

AND I'M JAVERT! Do Not Forget My Name!

Milky-chan

Postby Milky-chan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:04 pm

ROFL'd.

Sister Simplice lies, then makes a vow to never lie again. She succeeds.

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Valjean goes to Arras and suddenly everybody thinks he's M Madeleine. Champmathieu gets set free shortly afterwards and given a branch of apples which he drops/carefully glues back onto the tree.

Valejan hops out of the water onto a ship's yardarm, grabs a sailor from his mates and carefully suspends him on a rope before leaving and mending his chain with a hammer.
Btw, did anybody ever notice that Valjean saves the man from the main course yard, which is the lowest yard on the main mast, but then falls off an even lower yard? (Ok, this doesn't quite belong here).

Valjean pays someone twenty-five sous to work at his distillery for a day...

Thénardier invites Valjean into the Gorbeau house, gives him some money, clothes and food and then mends his chair with a kick and asks his daughter to repair the window. Azelma's injuries heal mysteriously as she does so.

Javert sneezes some snuff onto the back of his hand and puts it in a box. Once he has enough, he sells it to a tobacconist's...

Oh, and the Thénardier's are suddenly very nice people, because they always take Cosette's injuries away...
Dark sarcasm ought to be taught at schools!

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Valjean on the Orion: the English translation by Fahnestock-MacAfee, based on Wilbour, has the sailor working on the main topsail, and Valjean hauls him back up ("remonter" in French, so I know the translated direction is correct). Valjean thus throws himself from the mainsail yard. I don't know my sails in French, which may explain why no one noticed anything odd - there's nothing odd in English, which is the language most of us are reading in.

LOL over Javert at the tobacconist :)
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Sorry, it also is the main topsail in French. It was in the German translation that it was the course... I should have checked my sails in French.

Some more:
Thénardier locks Valjean in the sewers, glues a scrap of cloth to Marius' coat and gives Valjean some money. Then he shakes him until Valjean falls asleep.

The bishop takes money from the poor to give to the rich...

And this also means that Javert always sets prisoners free...

MSam

Postby MSam » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:37 am

Valjean sells Cosette for 1500 francs.

QUESTIONABLE ETHICS?

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:48 am

Hahaha, I never even realised that one! Wonderful! :lol:

Valjean takes Cosette's doll to give to the shop. Madame Thénardier then gives Cosette her childrens' doll as Éponine and Azelma play undressing the cat. Cosette very carefully puts the doll back for the other two to find it... Then she goes back to destroying socks.

The bishop gets his sight back, spends some time as a priest, then goes to Italy and decides that being a priest is boring...

Gavroche takes two children from his elephant to the baker, where they all give bread to the baker. He then steals a scarf from a beggar girl and abandons the two children in the street. But it all has a happy end: the children manage to get back home as the police releases their mother.

Four times, the prison guards put Valjean outside the prison and each time he sneaks back in...

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 am

Marius decides being a poor bonapartist republican sucks and goes to live with his rich ultraroyalist grandfather, even giving back his dead father his last letter (and returning to the printer those stupid calling cards that say "Baron Marius Pontmercy").

That sounds like wishful thinking on M. Gillenormand's part, doesn't it?
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Alex

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:58 am

Musical-based: All of the students leave the barricade, which then splits in half and rolls out of sight.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:39 am

That's also going forward, just on the back side :)

Mlle Patria

Postby Mlle Patria » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:41 am

Grantaire wakes up at Enjolras's feet to find himself surrounded by national guardsmen. He shakes Enjolras's hand and walks over to his table where he promptly falls asleep. As he sleeps his friends rise from the dead.
Vive la France! Vive l'avenir!

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:54 am

Wow, that was one healthy sleep... And once he wakes up, he starts drinking until he becomes completely sober and leaves the café...

Did we already have M Bamatabois being a very kind man and taking snow out of Fantine's dress after she gave him back his hat?

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:11 am

Wouldn't it be that R pukes the wine back into the bottles until he sobers up and gets out of there?

Sister Simplice lies and then goes on and on (to herself) about her virtue for always telling the truth, even taking the name of Simplice because she's oh so virtuous.

The Bishop gets demoted, gives up the Church, and gets married.

Return to “Forum Games”