Les Gutterables Strikes Back: Book Edition

Play Word Assocation, This or That, ^ > v, or whatever else you'd like.
geminimimi

Re: Les Gutterables Strikes Back: Book Edition

Postby geminimimi » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:29 pm

And why is that? :D
I like to think everything whizzes by her head like sheep jumping over fences, and that Marius comes by every 3-4 sheep. And add scattered leaves flying around and rain falling too. And maybe a unicorn. Thus the insides of Éponine's mind.

Mlle_Alexandrie

Postby Mlle_Alexandrie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Aurelia Combeferre wrote:And I swear, it's impossible to translate the "I have come to sleep with you" line literally into Filipino without laughing.

Heck, that line's hilarious in English, too! :lol:
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:44 pm

The more sane translation would be: "Makikitulog ako dito"---which actually translates to "I'm sharing this (bed)room with you." It's everyday parlance, and something that yes, my crazy friends have used on me and only in the extreme circumstances.

However if one is to be gutterminded and take into account the word 'with', the sentence comes out as "Andito ako para kasiping kita"---which means that "I am here to sleep with you", but the word "kasiping", despite its literal meaning to 'share a bed' or 'sleep with' does connote a certain intimacy that would horrify Marius.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 am

Yay, found one that is not here yet...brace yourself for Naughty Bishop:

“Moreover, Monseigneur has the habit of always saying ‘come in’; and besides, even in the middle of the night, O mon Dieu! there is no need to ask permission.”

At that moment there came a tolerably violent knock on the door.

“Come in,” said the Bishop.

"O mon Dieu" indeed...
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:39 am

Auf die Barrikaden wrote:Yay, found one that is not here yet...brace yourself for Naughty Bishop:

“Moreover, Monseigneur has the habit of always saying ‘come in’; and besides, even in the middle of the night, O mon Dieu! there is no need to ask permission.”

At that moment there came a tolerably violent knock on the door.

“Come in,” said the Bishop.

"O mon Dieu" indeed...

The Bishop and his nightlife....will wonders ever cease?
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Return to “Forum Games”