Which Les Mis Character Are You? (fun Playbill quiz)

Play Word Assocation, This or That, ^ > v, or whatever else you'd like.
Ursula_F

Which Les Mis Character Are You? (fun Playbill quiz)

Postby Ursula_F » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Just saw this cute quiz and wanted to share!

http://www.playbill.com/article/which-l ... er-are-you

Acaila

Re: Which Les Mis Character Are You? (fun Playbill quiz)

Postby Acaila » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:26 pm

I'm Éponine apparently! :roll: Don't quite think so :D
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Postby 23623 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:12 pm

I'm Jean-Vaaaaal-jeeeaaaan!
Which is totally not surprising. The quiz must have read my username! :wink:

Honestly though...I see my personality as a combination of Cosette, Marius, Courfeyrac and Valjean (don't ask me how this combination is possible. It is!) Don't know why I got Éponine, Azelma and Gavroche in another old quiz. There isn't any Thenardier-ness in me! :mrgreen:
Revolution, but civilization

ThatInspector

Postby ThatInspector » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:21 am

I'm Fantine...no idea how, lol!
~~~
No one ever told them that a summer's day can kill...

Ursula_F

Postby Ursula_F » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:05 pm

I got Marius: "You are Marius! Aw. You will grow up to care more about others than yourself, but for now, you’re wrapped up in your own head. Don’t focus too much on what you want. Remember to focus on what others want as well!"

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:27 pm

I got Jean Valjean -- nice! :mrgreen:

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:30 am

Javert! :lol: I'm not so sure about that.
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:41 pm

Prisoner 24653 wrote:I got Jean Valjean -- nice! :mrgreen:

So did I, but I just don't feel that virtuous in real life. Which of the ABCs was the guy into tech? I identify more with him.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Postby 23623 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:38 pm

CC21106 wrote:
Prisoner 24653 wrote:I got Jean Valjean -- nice! :mrgreen:

So did I, but I just don't feel that virtuous in real life. Which of the ABCs was the guy into tech? I identify more with him.

Tip: include numbers in your username and you'll get Valjean in this quiz. :lol:

There's someone who's into tech in ABC? Joly? :shock:

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:44 pm

I assume you are thinking of Combeferre?
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Postby 23623 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:53 pm

Isn't Combeferre into philosophy? :shock:

That's not mutually exclusive though. Maybe it's something that I missed during reading. Still rereading the brick at a painfully slow pace and haven't got to the amis part yet.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:37 pm

" He read everything, went to the theatres, attended the courses of public lecturers, learned the polarization of light from Arago, grew enthusiastic over a lesson in which Geoffroy Sainte-Hilaire explained the double function of the external carotid artery, and the internal, the one which makes the face, and the one which makes the brain; he kept up with what was going on, followed science step by step, compared Saint-Simon with Fourier, deciphered hieroglyphics, broke the pebble which he found and reasoned on geology, drew from memory a silkworm moth, pointed out the faulty French in the Dictionary of the Academy, studied Puységur and Deleuze, affirmed nothing, not even miracles; denied nothing, not even ghosts; turned over the files of the Moniteur, reflected. He declared that the future lies in the hand of the schoolmaster, and busied himself with educational questions. He desired that society should labor without relaxation at the elevation of the moral and intellectual level, at coining science, at putting ideas into circulation, at increasing the mind in youthful persons, and he feared lest the present poverty of method, the paltriness from a literary point of view confined to two or three centuries called classic, the tyrannical dogmatism of official pedants, scholastic prejudices and routines should end by converting our colleges into artificial oyster beds. He was learned, a purist, exact, a graduate of the Polytechnic, a close student, and at the same time, thoughtful “even to chimæras,” so his friends said. He believed in all dreams, railroads, the suppression of suffering in chirurgical operations, the fixing of images in the dark chamber, the electric telegraph, the steering of balloons. Moreover, he was not much alarmed by the citadels erected against the human mind in every direction, by superstition, despotism, and prejudice. He was one of those who think that science will eventually turn the position. "
- from the Hapgood version
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Postby 23623 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:52 am

Combeferre is a graduate and studies science!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh...I really didn't know this until today. Somehow missed this information on my first read. I thought they are all university students studying something related to law or politics. Sorry Combeferre!

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:18 am

Acaila wrote:" He read everything.... drew from memory a silkworm moth, pointed out the faulty French in the Dictionary of the Academy, studied Puységur and Deleuze, ... He was learned, a purist, exact, a graduate of the Polytechnic, a close student, and at the same time, thoughtful “even to chimæras,” so his friends said. He believed in all dreams, railroads, the suppression of suffering in chirurgical operations, the fixing of images in the dark chamber, the electric telegraph, the steering of balloons. Moreover, he was not much alarmed by the citadels erected against the human mind in every direction, by superstition, despotism, and prejudice. He was one of those who think that science will eventually turn the position. "
- from the Hapgood version

That's the one. A nascent technocrat before the idea was named. And he met his end not shooting at somebody, but trying to help one of the wounded enemy. I like him even if he did let his parents down by getting himself killed.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Postby 23623 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:48 pm

CC21106 wrote: A nascent technocrat before the idea was named. And he met his end not shooting at somebody, but trying to help one of the wounded enemy.

Combeferre died this way? Oh my God seriously I can't believe how many details I missed last time I read the brick. Need to finish rereading as soon as possible.

I have a feeling that Combeferre is threatening Courfeyrac's position as my favorite ami. I need help. :mrgreen:

Return to “Forum Games”