Absolute Worst Nicknames

Play Word Assocation, This or That, ^ > v, or whatever else you'd like.
mllefantine

Re: Absolute Worst Nicknames

Postby mllefantine » Wed May 26, 2010 6:45 pm

In my production, my director had issues pronouncing Bamatabois, not to mention fitting the name on the schedule. So he became Bama. . . then Obama.

Then one day on no sleep she decided his name was ca-ca man.

Mlle Patria

Postby Mlle Patria » Sat May 29, 2010 12:46 am

I've called Courfeyrac "'feyrac" before, but I don't think that one was too bad.

Once I refered to Javert as "Snookums" in front of my friend who had played Javert. He threatened me with death should he ever hear me say it again.

My sister (despite my multiple attempts to teach her otherwise) constantly refers to the barricade boy "Combferac." It almost kills me.

My all time favorite has naturally come about from fanfictin (it's an addiction I tell you!). I read a fan fic that referred to Jehan's "fruity little ass." My sister and I now refer to him lovingly as such.
Vive la France! Vive l'avenir!

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sat May 29, 2010 12:54 am

Snookums is a very ... very ... very old fandom joke, actually. ;) (In case you didn't know. Er.)
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Mlle Patria

Postby Mlle Patria » Sat May 29, 2010 5:06 am

So I thought I was just having a moment and messed up typing because I was talking to my sister at the time and she was reading earlier posts out loud, but I just attempted to explain that, and I hit preview. As I reread what I wrote I realized that it changed J-A-V-V-I-E that I had written to "snookums". I'm assuming this is also what happened before and the only way I could get it to show what I wrote was when I spelled it with a y. I am thoroughly confused to say the least. :?:

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sat May 29, 2010 1:30 pm

Ah ... yeah. About that. The, uh, board filter does that automatically. A previous member tended to use the Jav-vie form exclusively and it got old, and since NOBODY else ever used it I figured no one would mind if I was a bit silly. :oops: :lol:
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Mlle Patria

Postby Mlle Patria » Sat May 29, 2010 4:13 pm

That explains so much, but I have now learned to always use the preview button. :D

mllefantine

Postby mllefantine » Sun May 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah. You calling him Javvy kind of made my life hun. He had no issue with us Valjean/Javert shipping, but Javvy bothered him.

I personally like Jean Jean the sexy con. (Especially as my Valjean when I did Les Mis looked like Nick Jonas. Like his arrest papers said so. :lol: )

Let's see. . .in our production Fantine got called the dead lady. A LOT.

And Éponine got called Creeper girl.

hazellwood

Postby hazellwood » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:21 am

No mention of 'Whorefeyrac' or 'Combefairy' yet? I think those are pretty awful.

Mlle Patria

Postby Mlle Patria » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:35 am

I had actually never heard those before, but I agree they are pretty bad, even if they did make me giggle inside. :lol:

hazellwood

Postby hazellwood » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:45 am

They make me giggle inside, too- although I think if either of the characters were actually *called* that, the person doing the calling would be in a world of pain.

Now that I think of it, I used to have a horrible nickname for Jehan that I used, but I can't remember it now. I'm fairly certain it had something to with skulls, and that it required mutilation of the proncunciation of 'Jehan'. Oh, and my friend just informed me that the meaning of Colm is 'dove'-which could provide some hilarity if applied to Valjean.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Nasty names!

I can't remember where this came from (but it might have been from the discontinued fic involving a fanfiction academy), but I distinctly remember a Combeferret.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Mlle Patria

Postby Mlle Patria » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:44 am

If one were to call Courfeyrac a name, I don't doubt that he/she would be in a world of pain, but I'm pretty sure that Combeferre would much rather give someone a glare that made them feel like a bumbling idiot.

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:59 pm

IDK when I am typing Courfeyrac's name and I get tired of typing it all out over and over I just say "Courfs" which I think is kind of humorous and sounds like a name for a cat which is probs appropriate somehow.

K. von Dork

Postby K. von Dork » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm a horrible person for bumping this thread.

FeyFey is not a funny name for Courfeyrac. How the fabio would one pronounce this anyway?! I have used it generously in a past life. And on the deviantArt, I have referred to Enjolras as "Jolrasuu-hime", being a juvenile troll. Zhan Puruveru (ripped from Shoujo Cosette) and BAH!orel are up there, too.

Honeycombeferre.

Yep. :C

Usefulbeauty

Postby Usefulbeauty » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:14 pm

When I'm upset, I'll occasionally mutter, "I need a hug from Combeferre," to my sister. If I was really tired, I'd just call him "'Ferre". That somehow morphed into saying, "I really need a 'Ferre-hug." And then I was like, "Oh. Ferrebear!"
But I swear I've never called him that out loud! It just lives in my head.
Let us read and let us dance--two amusements that will never do any harm to the world.
- Voltaire

Return to “Forum Games”