Absolute Worst Nicknames

Play Word Assocation, This or That, ^ > v, or whatever else you'd like.
CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Re: Absolute Worst Nicknames

Postby CeridwenLynne » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 am

I think "Ferre bear" is rather cute.

I wouldn't have any of the other Amis use such a nickname in writing a fanfic though. 8)

Hmm. Maybe in a modern AU ( set on a college campus) some of the girls might call him that because he is like a big teddy bear that you want to hug.

I once read a fanfic set in 1832 where Éponine was called Poni by Marius and the Amis.
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Eurgh, that may make me want to gouge my eyes out.

New nicknames from today - Fooeh, Courf-he-rocks.
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Postby 23623 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Hehe, not sure if it's on topic but really want to share. A while ago I started uploading musical-related stuff to a Chinese website and whenever I read user comments I always crack up at those...really hilarious nicknames they give to actors. Here are a few examples:

- Drew Sarich = "pig", because, thanks to some really ridiculous and unfortunate coincidence, the Chinese word of "pig" is actually pronounced "Drew". I apologize to everyone named Drew on behalf of my language. :mrgreen:
- Uwe Kröger = "Mr. Dirty" because in Chinese "dirty" is pronounced like "woooooooo". I've seen different versions of this nickname but they all have something to do with "dirty".
- Hayden Tee = "sea urchin", also because of similar pronunciation but the resemblance isn't really significant to be honest.
- Alfie Boe = "bad boy". There's a colloquial expression of "bad boy" in Chinese, which is pronounced "ahhh-----fie". :lol:
- Ramin Karimloo = "ramen", again similarity in pronunciation. (Is this the only name that my language doesn't ruin?)
- Anthony Warlow = "big A" because...um, because that's a big name.
- Earl Carpenter = "carpenter", like literally the profession that involves chopping wood.
- Sierra Boggess = "mermaid" because of the Little Mermaid musical.
- JOJ = "teddy". This I still haven't figured out why. I asked people why he's called a teddy but they said they didn't know either; it's just that everyone's calling him teddy. This nickname has a few variations too. I think I've seen "dumb teddy" once. :lol: Gee, I even checked wikipedia to see if he had played a teddy bear in something but nope, he hadn't.
- Anton Zetterholm = "chick". This was from Tanz der Vampire fans but they said they didn't know the origin of this nickname either. They just follow the trend as everyone's calling him that.

So have you given actors really awkward nicknames? What are they? :mrgreen:
Revolution, but civilization

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:57 pm

HAVE we? lol. Acaila and I have a veritable language of nicknames that we refer to people with that we somehow both understand when we're talking to each other.

I like to respell JOJ as "Jodge" and often say Jodginton or Doc Jodge or the doctor. For no reason.

Stephen R. Buntrock is Bunbun or Estebun or Bunjolras or Buntraoul when he's in Phantom.

Chris Jacobsen is Crackles because he cracked that one time, Mark Uhre is Marky Mark, despite that already literally being Mark Wahlberg. Jason Forbach and Joe Spieldenner are the Spielbach Fordenners, but they made that one up themselves.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Olivia_y

Postby Olivia_y » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:25 pm

23623 wrote:Hehe, not sure if it's on topic but really want to share. A while ago I started uploading musical-related stuff to a Chinese website and whenever I read user comments I always crack up at those...really hilarious nicknames they give to actors.

It's been a while since I've been to the Chinese forums, but I remember some of those! It can be so confusing for new fans!

23623 wrote:Ramin Karimloo = "ramen", again similarity in pronunciation. (Is this the only name that my language doesn't ruin?)

Don't forget Hadley Fraser = "steak"...for reasons I've never figured out...back when they played E/R people who shipped it would post pictures of ramen with steak, it was...odd .

23623 wrote:JOJ = "teddy".

And for some reason, Christopher Jacobson = 'son of bear'...because apparently they have similar styles?

And since he's back, Killian Donnelly = 'golden retriever' ...which I think started when he went blond for Enjolras, but got stuck even though he's not blond anymore.

Postby 23623 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:10 am

Olivia_y wrote:It's been a while since I've been to the Chinese forums, but I remember some of those! It can be so confusing for new fans!

There are Chinese Les Mis forums? Any recommendations?
Yeah these names are so confusing. When I saw Tanz fans referring to Anton as a chick for the first time I honestly thought they were talking about the actress playing Sarah. :oops:

Olivia_y wrote:Don't forget Hadley Fraser = "steak"...for reasons I've never figured out...back when they played E/R people who shipped it would post pictures of ramen with steak, it was...odd .

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I haven't come across this one but I roflmao-ed just reading this. Now the E/R ship is totally ruined for me.
What exactly do they call him in Chinese though? And where can I find those pictures?
So what would Valjean/Javert shippers post? A teddy bear cutting wood? :lol:

deHavilland wrote:Chris Jacobsen is Crackles because he cracked that one time

Olivia_y wrote:And for some reason, Christopher Jacobson = 'son of bear'...because apparently they have similar styles?

And since he's back, Killian Donnelly = 'golden retriever' ...which I think started when he went blond for Enjolras, but got stuck even though he's not blond anymore.

Christopher Jacobsen is officially called "Christopher Crackles Bearson" now lol!
Aww I love golden retrievers!
Revolution, but civilization

Return to “Forum Games”