Character Elimination Game Rules/Questions

Play Word Assocation, This or That, ^ > v, or whatever else you'd like.
freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Re: Character Elimination Game Rules/Questions

Postby freedomlover » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 am

I love Enjolras, don't get me wrong--- but it is a little predictable to have him winning since he is one of the best loved Les Mis characters ;)
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:20 am

Agreed!
I wouldn't be upset if he did or anything, but if I had to pick who I'd like to win, it would probably be one of the under appreciated characters
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:23 am

Exactly! :)

We do still love Enjy, but it would be awesome for one of the underappreciated characters to win ;)
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:18 am

Sorry Marius :( I tried! I leave the computer for a little while then returned :shock: I'm sorry :( *sniff*

Well, I guess he is with Cosette now.... in heaven....

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:09 am

:cry: He kept his word, didn't he? "If you go away, I shall die." :cry:

*flourishing bow* Well, I thank you, most honorable judges, for sparing him a moment longer. 'Twas a noble and courteous gesture, and I should be in your debt, that is, had you not decided to toss his life away now. But the poor boy held his own for a while, and Valjean's sacrifice was not in vain. And now he is reunited with his love, as two stars in the heavens. So before this waxes pathetic, as poetic is obviously not an option, seeing as Pontmercy is not Prouvaire, I bid you good day and have only one word more to say: that, in the spirit of Combeferre, he as at last attained something better, to be free.
Adieu.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:39 am

Beautiful Marius, utterly beautiful! <3
Abaisse Chief/Chef

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 am

The best one can do, under the circumstances. Though my eulogizing can never rival Geronimo's. :wink: I have dressed in black for mourning. Well, actually, I was already in black anyway, but that's beside the point.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 am

Hehe, I wouldn't expect anything less from you my dear! :lol:
Abaisse Chief/Chef

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 am

YoungStudentMarius wrote:The best one can do, under the circumstances. Though my eulogizing can never rival Geronimo's. :wink: I have dressed in black for mourning. Well, actually, I was already in black anyway, but that's beside the point.

Not dark green but only in the nighttime? ;)

'Twas a lovely eulogy, much more eloquent than mine! I almost wept!
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 am

an eulogy for my dear Enjolras? who sacrificed his own life so the other Amis may live. The underappreciated Amis, who are the backbone of the ABC. Enjolras, you will never be forgotten.... Now you are enjoying heaven with Marius, Valjean and the others...

The reason he was voted down was so the others will have a chance to live, a chance to have happiness and recognition they so deserve.

Enjolras' Speech- the Brick

"Citizens, do you picture the future to yourselves? The streets of cities inundated with light, green branches on the thresholds, nations sisters, men just, old men blessing children, the past loving the present, thinkers entirely at liberty, believers on terms of full equality, for religion heaven, God the direct priest, human conscience become an altar, no more hatreds, the fraternity of the workshop and the school, for sole penalty and recompense fame, work for all, right for all, peace over all, no more bloodshed, no more wars, happy mothers! To conquer matter is the first step; to realize the ideal is the second. Reflect on what progress has already accomplished. Formerly, the first human races beheld with terror the hydra pass before their eyes, breathing on the waters, the dragon which vomited flame, the griffin who was the monster of the air, and who flew with the wings of an eagle and the talons of a tiger; fearful beasts which were above man. Man, nevertheless, spread his snares, consecrated by intelligence, and finally conquered these monsters. We have vanquished the hydra, and it is called the locomotive; we are on the point of vanquishing the griffin, we already grasp it, and it is called the balloon. On the day when this Promethean task shall be accomplished, and when man shall have definitely harnessed to his will the triple Chimaera of antiquity, the hydra, the dragon and the griffin, he will be the master of water, fire, and of air, and he will be for the rest of animated creation that which the ancient gods formerly were to him. Courage, and onward! Citizens, whither are we going? To science made government, to the force of things become the sole public force, to the natural law, having in itself its sanction and its penalty and promulgating itself by evidence, to a dawn of truth corresponding to a dawn of day. We are advancing to the union of peoples; we are advancing to the unity of man. No more fictions; no more parasites. The real governed by the true, that is the goal. Civilization will hold its assizes at the summit of Europe, and, later on, at the centre of continents, in a grand parliament of the intelligence. Something similar has already been seen. The amphictyons had two sittings a year, one at Delphos the seat of the gods, the other at Thermopylae, the place of heroes. Europe will have her amphictyons; the globe will have its amphictyons. France bears this sublime future in her breast. This is the gestation of the nineteenth century. That which Greece sketched out is worthy of being finished by France. Listen to me, you, Feuilly, valiant artisan, man of the people. I revere you. Yes, you clearly behold the future, yes, you are right. You had neither father nor mother, Feuilly; you adopted humanity for your mother and right for your father. You are about to die, that is to say to triumph, here. Citizens, whatever happens to-day, through our defeat as well as through our victory, it is a revolution that we are about to create. As conflagrations light up a whole city, so revolutions illuminate the whole human race. And what is the revolution that we shall cause? I have just told you, the Revolution of the True. From a political point of view, there is but a single principle; the sovereignty of man over himself. This sovereignty of myself over myself is called Liberty. Where two or three of these sovereignties are combined, the state begins. But in that association there is no abdication. Each sovereignty concedes a certain quantity of itself, for the purpose of forming the common right. This quantity is the same for all of us. This identity of concession which each makes to all, is called Equality. Common right is nothing else than the protection of all beaming on the right of each. This protection of all over each is called Fraternity. The point of intersection of all these assembled sovereignties is called society. This intersection being a junction, this point is a knot. Hence what is called the social bond. Some say social contract; which is the same thing, the word contract being etymologically formed with the idea of a bond. Let us come to an understanding about equality; for, if liberty is the summit, equality is the base. Equality, citizens, is not wholly a surface vegetation, a society of great blades of grass and tiny oaks; a proximity of jealousies which render each other null and void; legally speaking, it is all aptitudes possessed of the same opportunity; politically, it is all votes possessed of the same weight; religiously, it is all consciences possessed of the same right. Equality has an organ: gratuitous and obligatory instruction. The right to the alphabet, that is where the beginning must be made. The primary school imposed on all, the secondary school offered to all, that is the law. From an identical school, an identical society will spring. Yes, instruction! light! light! everything comes from light, and to it everything returns. Citizens, the nineteenth century is great, but the twentieth century will be happy. Then, there will be nothing more like the history of old, we shall no longer, as to-day, have to fear a conquest, an invasion, a usurpation, a rivalry of nations, arms in hand, an interruption of civilization depending on a marriage of kings, on a birth in hereditary tyrannies, a partition of peoples by a congress, a dismemberment because of the failure of a dynasty, a combat of two religions meeting face to face, like two bucks in the dark, on the bridge of the infinite; we shall no longer have to fear famine, farming out, prostitution arising from distress, misery from the failure of work and the scaffold and the sword, and battles and the ruffianism of chance in the forest of events. One might almost say: There will be no more events. We shall be happy. The human race will accomplish its law, as the terrestrial globe accomplishes its law; harmony will be re-established between the soul and the star; the soul will gravitate around the truth, as the planet around the light. Friends, the present hour in which I am addressing you, is a gloomy hour; but these are terrible purchases of the future. A revolution is a toll. Oh! the human race will be delivered, raised up, consoled! We affirm it on this barrier. Whence should proceed that cry of love, if not from the heights of sacrifice? Oh my brothers, this is the point of junction, of those who think and of those who suffer; this barricade is not made of paving-stones, nor of joists, nor of bits of iron; it is made of two heaps, a heap of ideas, and a heap of woes. Here misery meets the ideal. The day embraces the night, and says to it: `I am about to die, and thou shalt be born again with me.' From the embrace of all desolations faith leaps forth. Sufferings bring hither their agony and ideas their immortality. This agony and this immortality are about to join and constitute our death. Brothers, he who dies here dies in the radiance of the future, and we are entering a tomb all flooded with the dawn."

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:23 am

Well, admittedly the four remaining students are actually THE most popular outside of Enjolras himself. So he didn't really die for anything there. Oh well.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Reposting, because I felt like sharing the same thing twice.

Feuilly, the man of the people, has now met his end. Why is it that people turned on their own man? That is a difficult question to answer, even coming from the mouth of one of his primary executioners. Even now, as he has fallen, his spirit lives on in the lives of those Amis still left, left with their Guide and Centre. They will carry on and become great, and the man of the people will eventually become a faceless memory, a statistic, a mark in the sand, a name on a plaque at best and a name on the list of the damned at worst. He was not damnable, however, so we may be assured that he at least reaps some reward for his valiant life in the After. Vivent les peuples! Let the people live and try to look towards his image and grave for inspiration, both in the present and in the future. He taught himself, he cared for other nations, for other people. Let us remember him for more than just fans. Let us remember him.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Mademoiselle Mabeuf
Location: Waiting in the parlor hall or leaning on the office wall

Postby Mademoiselle Mabeuf » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:43 pm

I just found this thread and...and...you reminded me that Feuilly's DEAD! *le sob*
May the verses of Jean Prouvaire never end!
"He never left home without a book under his arm, and often returned with two..."
^Victor Hugo on my life.
When I rule the world I'll plant flowers. :twisted:

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Anyone feel like placing bets?

One fic if Jehan doesn't win.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Darn it, Gervais, he's my favorite, but now I almost want to make Combeferre win, so I can get a fic out of you. :evil:

Return to “Forum Games”