Symptoms of B.A.R.R.I.C.A.D.

Play Word Assocation, This or That, ^ > v, or whatever else you'd like.
Chantefleurie

Re: Symptoms of B.A.R.R.I.C.A.D.

Postby Chantefleurie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:52 pm

Whenever you see a Gavroche-looking kid, you want to call him Gavroche.

As for changing voices and picking parts in a song, I can certainly relate to that. I also like humming polyphonic music, which works even worse. But there are recordings on Youtube of one or two people singing all the parts and changing their voices to make them sound different. They just record each part separately and then overlap them. It sounds quite cool.
C'est tellement mystérieux, le pays des larmes. ~Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Ilargi

Postby Ilargi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:23 am

You're perfectly able to pronounce Voldemort's name without the T, because that's what you do for Javert.
When you hear someone quote Napoleon to reinforce their arguments, you smile and think: "That's what Marius would say".

Ursula_F

Postby Ursula_F » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:03 pm

I have one!

You see that stupid car commercial on TV where the young man nervously confesses to his rich father that he bought a brand of car the snobby father doesn't approve of, and the father says sternly "This isn't how we raised you!"...and imagine that it's Marius and his grandfather. (Or is that just me?)

Postby 23623 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:45 pm

I've never seen such an ad but I'd love to! :lol:

Speaking of Marius...well today a friend (he's actually from France) was checking his facebook and I suddenly caught the name "Marius" on the screen. I knew Marius is probably not a rare name in France but I still couldn't help staring at this Marius guy on his facebook like an idiot. :mrgreen:

*EDIT* fixed some grammar (pardon my English...not a native speaker) and...
@ Ursula: Thanks for the link!! That guy is totally Mariusing his father. :lol: :lol:

*EDIT 2* So I started playing the game “Pokemon Go” a while ago. I chose a Cosette related username and made my character look as Cosette as possible. And I gave literally everything I caught Les Mis names. The best one so far, I think, is a Pikachu whose name is Marius and who is now walking with Cosette in Luxembourg Park (scratch that) I mean my university. :mrgreen:
Last edited by 23623 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Revolution, but civilization

Ursula_F

Postby Ursula_F » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 pm

Oh, cool!

(This is the car commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfWMmUJaPZw )

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:49 pm

When I woke up one morning :shock: shortly after reading/seeing LM and thought: It's 6:00! I can get up and think about Enjolras! That was literally the first thought that came through my head. (The LM effect has worn off a bit since).
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Postby 23623 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:43 pm

CC21106 wrote:When I woke up one morning :shock: shortly after reading/seeing LM and thought: It's 6:00! I can get up and think about Enjolras! That was literally the first thought that came through my head. (The LM effect has worn off a bit since).

Haha I did something similar (well not really similar but...) the other day!! Met a little girl in the park and our conversation somehow turned into an age-guessing game. She said she thought I was 14. But in fact my first reaction was not being super happy about how young I look. Instead I was thinking "wait, did I just break Enjolras' record of looking 5 years younger than his actual age?" :lol:

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 am

23623 wrote:.... my first reaction was not being super happy about how young I look. Instead I was thinking "wait, did I just break Enjolras' record of looking 5 years younger than his actual age?" :lol:

You're making me laugh when I could use a good laugh! :D
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:41 am

Seeing a display of script initial rings with a, b, c, lined up and immediately thinking of the Amis.

Postby 23623 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:29 am

My mum gave me a red jacket as birthday gift...

I might have overreacted a little...well scratch that I definitely have overreacted a little. Only A Little. I swear. :D

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:58 pm

23623 wrote:My mum gave me a red jacket as birthday gift...

I might have overreacted a little...well scratch that I definitely have overreacted a little. Only A Little. I swear. :D

Lol I would have liked to have seen your (over)reaction :)

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:44 am

Went to see early Monet exhibition, inspected each painting for similarity to scenes in LM. Disappointed that, though there were plenty of seacoast paintings, none were in Toulon; and pictures of Paris, but none of the revolution of 1870. The Paris ones didn't look at all like the faubourg St. Anybody.

Need Delacroix.

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:26 am

Saw this in a news story and my eye was first caught by the next-to-last word as if it was in bold italic.

The report is a chilling preview of the attacks on environmental and health regulations that are likely to come — and a must-read for anyone trying to avert them.

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Can't read or hear the words barricade,crusade or bourgeois without getting internal giggles and thinking about Les Mis. :D
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

Return to “Forum Games”