Compliment Thread - Or The Love Train

Play Word Assocation, This or That, ^ > v, or whatever else you'd like.
freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Re: Compliment Thread - Or The Love Train

Postby freedomlover » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:54 am

Awww!!! :D Y'all made me smile! :D Thanks so much!! :D

Marius ~ The first person I met here! Thanks for being so welcoming and friendly. You are really sweet and awesome to talk to. Always filled with really smart things to say and you are always so very nice :D

Ari ~ You are so sweet and friendly! :D I love talking to you, again--- one of the first people on here I met. It was so funny to find out we came form the same county :lol:

Zelle ~ You are so very sweet also, one of the first people I met here :D I always loved our conversations about fanfic, and random things in general :D

Gervais ~ You are so kind :D and you have come up with some pretty amazing quiz questions :D

Fantine ~ You are sweet, and I just met you recently on here :D Keep being sweet! :D

I probably forgot some people sorry about that :oops: , but i'll add more later :D
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

To all of you- You make my day brighter and make me love learning about some of the most random things.

To all of the newbies especially- thanks for reviving all of the old discussions and being brave enough to talk to us.

I'm really not good with words...
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:49 pm

To everyone here, old comrades and newcomers alike:

You're all part of why this fandom is so awesome, enriching, and life-changing. Here's to cherishing the past and making more memories.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 am

One of my professors was talking to the class about how we need to show our friends we care for them. I was thinking of this thread :D It was a wonderful idea :) Just sending little notes and stuff.
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Yep. You have no idea how your note brightened up my day. I really needed it.

That's one thing I love about you guys; you know how to have everyone's backs.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:21 pm

I'm glad it did!!! :D I meant it also :D So many times we forget to tell others how much we appreciate them :)

Courgette

Postby Courgette » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Love you guys so much!! *hugs all*
"Lord in Heaven, look down on him in mercy..."

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:24 am

The good thing about having so many new people is that you can basically post in this thread a million times and not be judged. :D I tried to get new people and some people I put into the clump at the end of the last one, but have a feeling I missed someone. :? Oh, well.

Every Single One of You: Keep on being awesome and smart and more than a little insane.

Mademoiselle Mabeuf: I admit that you live up to the name Psycho quite nicely sometimes. :wink: But others, you are a sweet, sweet person, and a hilarious writer to boot. You make the place just a bit more lively every time you're here.

IBelieveinYou: It feels weird to type your entire username because I've gotten so used to just calling you Liv. :lol: I will say, you're one of those fanfic authors that I absolutely envy because you're just so skilled with your words. Your Barricade Day fic? Gorgeous. That shawl that you made? Also gorgeous. I'm jealous. :wink:

WhoIAm: AJ, the cat-and-mouse posts you make with Mabz sometimes absolutely make my day. :D I'll gladly keep the lint and barricades out for you, and the blowtorch locked away. :wink:

AFarawaySong:(Reese) All of the hugs to you. All of them. And it seems minor, I know, but thank you for showing and explaining Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, because it's one of those words that I forget exist and deserve appreciation. You're good at getting us to know about those types of things.

Acaila: I put you in the clump last time, sorry. All of you there deserved little entries of your own. Sharing finds from Mary Poppins Laptop is a pretty good way of life. :wink: Thank you for helping to keep everyone in check at some times, and just jumping into the insanity at others, and several times doing both. And you make a pretty awesome Chief Chef.

deHavilland: I keep forgetting that you're technically one of the newer people. In fact, I'd forgotten completely until I checked your profile to make sure I spelled your username correctly (I didn't lose a letter copying it over, did I?) and forgot that you weren't in the Clump. This is going to sound kinda awkward and generic, sorry, but I love your general knowledge and, more specifically, the Les Mis knowledge, and that you're willing to share it. You're a pretty great captain for the Happy Catfish, too. :wink:

MamzelleCombeferre: Another Clumpmate deserving of a full post! I'm jealous of your Grantaire. Well, not of him; I don't want to be him. But how you write him, though! And your writing in general! And your voice! (How many people am I going to become jealous of typing this post? :lol: ) You're also one of the sweetest people on here, and for that, I thank you.

LibertySparks: The Michigan Enjolras! Your dedication to your causes is inspiring. And another G-is-Jealous moment: Your math skills. Haven't exactly seen them in action, but man, they seem enviable.

TheRandomPhangirl: (Phan) G-i-J moment: Your drawing skills. Girl, you got 'em, and a gorgeous voice, and are beautiful in general, and man, I wish I was as smart as you when I was your age. You rock, man.

redmiserable: (Leslie) Thank you for joining the insanity of the Fic Collab when you didn't necessarily have to, and for helping to keep the project running. You're another one that I keep forgetting is newer, too, and your liveliness is great. Thank you for it.

Alright, I've already talked about you in my last post, but you're worth mentioning again: YoungStudentMarius: G-i-J completely, man. You write beautifully, you create beautiful things, you're smart as heck. It's an honor to be considered your twin, because there are times I feel like I don't quite live up to the title. :wink: Thank you for allowing me to constantly attack you with PMs, too.

Grr, someone, probably several someones, got left out, I can feel it. :?

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:46 am

*smishes Gervais* that was beautiful, I second about each of those amis :)

I was skipped, but it is hard to keep track of everybody :P

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 am

Thirded. Too emotional to write anything more than wanting to give smishes.

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:08 am

Stop this train! I must get in!
Phew! Oh man, I'm already late! Where to start!

redmiserable- One of the first people I met, leslie you are just phenomenal! You are insane as can be, I adore your tumblr additions, all the gifs and random cries you leave in The Mu(in)sain, I adore the way you obsess over things, you are an extremely talented, sweet and funny fellow Prouvaire!

Mamzelle Combeferre- Your opinions on matters are something to be jealous of. You have your mind so well set and you are open to any different approach to yours, you are just bliss during a conversation, plus I adore 1) your icon, 2) your writing and 3) your RP Grantaire!

Gervais- Oh my darling Gervais, you're one of those people I'm craving to meet in real life! Your sense of humor is painfully awesome and you always cheer me up, your remarks are so clever and your writing perfect-the first fanfics I read here on Abaisse were yours and I loved them so much! Your icons and signatures are of constant pleasure to me, and I might want to marry your RP Courfeyrac! Also thank you so much for your kind words, I still can't believe you liked the fic so much!

Marius- Where to begin and where to end? Can people like you really exist? It gets frustrating, you know... Your talents probably never end! Your costumes, your gorgeous writing, your amazing drawing, your flute playing, and now go on and leave us speechless with the pottery painting! But can such sweetness and genuine care for other people really exist? If yes, how lucky do I consider myself to have met you? You have your way to make everyone feel better and you care so much about us. How can I ever forget your massive help during those ridiculous, stressing exams, the endless smiles and the few tears you brought on my face? Ah, Marius, never change!

Acaila- Well does there have to be a reason to appreciate Acaila? Really? Who needs a reason? Aside from her murderous claws, her Snookums crush, her appreciation of weird couples in fanfiction, her hatred for the 25th (which she has definitely bequethed to me) and her enormous historical geekery which always helps us all? Your advice is the best, your cynicism sometimes is even better, your mother is awesome as well, plus you can relate with always needing a blondjolras! Plus... can I say it? I'll say it. You are like our mother-hen sometimes, Chief Chef. And everybody needs a mother hen.
Oh. And you have muttonchops.

deHavilland- Remind me why I appreciate you... just remind me. Oh yes. For being deHavilland. Which translates to being extraordinarily awesome. Also I'm seconding Gervais, I can't believe how new you are in here! Thank you for telling me off about Blagstard, for writing perfectly, for always making me laugh, for having the coolest icon ever and for making the coolest breakfasts. I hope you will find your Bahorel with many sheep for your own!

freedomlover- Em, I love how determined you are and how deeply interested in politics! You are always so enthusiastic and motivational, and every forum needs a good barricade builder!

Aurelia Combeferre- Our very own Combeferre, with such interesting opinions on every matter, politically active in a way which could only make me jealous, you make the best conversations, you are caring and kind to everyone and God, you are such a productive author! Give me your motivation, and I seriously must read your Brick sized fic, because it looks extremely well written!

Rachel- What is there to say for my lovely beta, even though now I realized how ridiculous my story was and started changing everything? You are extremely smart, I always love reading your comments or opinions, and God you are talented, I loved your barricade day fic so much! Also I find myself to agree in almost everything you say!

A Faraway Song- We haven't known each other for long, but you look incredibly sweet and I'd love to talk more with you in the future! :mrgreen: So please stay in touch!

Inspector- For some reason you'll always be related to Gavroche for me, especially because of your first icon. Your singing voice is pure magic and your writing skills... Well I remember you had started that stunning story and I'm so sad to see that it's not updated, it could become the next Brick, you know, both size-wise and quality-wise! You are so lively and cheerful and sentimental and talented and awesome and I always love to log on and find your huge comments in the Mu(in)sain where you update us for everything going on in your life!

TheRandomPhanGirl- Oh Phan... first of all you are beautiful... shit you are! But I adore all your obsessions, your icons and your revolutionarism (is that even a word?) You have the right dose of perfect humor and cynicism I need to my day, and I wish I was as smart as you!

Mademoiselle Mabeuf- Quirky little you! I don't know why but you give me the urge to hug you! You are awesome in first place for having read the Brick in such a young age and I wish I could be that cool and clever when I was your age!

WhoIAm- You make such an awesome duet with Mabz, and I absolutely adore reading your nonsensical conversations! Your abuse to Cleverbot really amuses me, so does your sense of humor!

RtheCynic- I don't know you very well yet. But you love Grantaire. That says it all. I really want to know more of you!

SpiritOfDawn- Your fanfiction skills... they're just... dude how can you even write so perfectly? I am agog, I am aghast, but I adore everything you write!

Certainly I'm forgetting many of you awesome people but when I remember someone I will write more! I love you all!
Last edited by IBelieveInYou on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:44 pm

SMISH FREE-FOR-ALL, GO! :mrgreen:

Ach, sorry Em. But know that you're loved, even if my brain switches off sometimes. :wink:

Aw, Liv. :D *smish* Well, I'll warn you that Courfeyrac might have some, er, commitment issues, but I'm sure he appreciates that. :wink:

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:45 pm

*smishes back!*
That's fine. I believe I can deal with his commitment issues. He's Courfeyrac, after all!
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

Mademoiselle Mabeuf
Location: Waiting in the parlor hall or leaning on the office wall

Postby Mademoiselle Mabeuf » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Aw, thank you guys! You're all so friendly and amazing; it's kind of awesome. *huge smish*
"He never left home without a book under his arm, and often returned with two..."
^Victor Hugo on my life.
When I rule the world I'll plant flowers. :twisted:

Return to “Forum Games”