Things I Am Not Allowed to do on the Barricades

Play Word Assocation, This or That, ^ > v, or whatever else you'd like.
LesMisPhangirl

Re: Things I Am Not Allowed to do on the Barricades

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:18 am

Enjolras-the-jaw wrote:First of all, nice new picture JavertsCrazyFangirl!

Assuming you're talking about my siggy picture thank you! :D

Enjolras-the-jaw wrote:I will not show the Mizzys the fic Les Misérables performingLes Misérables? by Enjia. Here is the link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1399663/1/L ... Misérables

That's hilarious! I'm not even half way through yet and I've burst out laughing so many times my dad probably wants me to save the rest for tomorrow { which I shall :lol: }.

I am not allowed to ask Quast!Javert how his teddy bear is doing.
See also: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltzzy ... o1_500.jpg
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

Enjolras-the-jaw

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:36 pm

For some reason, I always feel compelled to put something up when someone comments on what I have done (or What have I done if you reverse the words). So here is what I came up with:

I will not refrain from telling Éponine what Syphilis is, even if it will drastically change the plot, possibly in favor of Enjy/Eponne.
I will not Show JVJ Jesus Christ Superstar (Even if Drew Sarich has been in both plays). :D
I will not support an Enjy/Eponne pairing just because David Thaxton and Nancy Sullivan are married.
I will not cast the Glee characters into Les Mis (even though I already have: here it is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7285629/1/G ... Misérables enjoy!)
I will not call Cosette, Collete.
Cosette is not Marius' "Baby, baby, baby oh!" (Cameron mackintosh's comment about JB doing Marius).
The scene where Marius watches the indecent at the Gorbeau tenement is not to be called "Marius Pontmercy, 007."

Hope these were enjoyable!
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:21 am

OT:
Enjolras-the-jaw wrote:I will not support an Enjy/Eponne pairing just because David Thaxton and Nancy Sullivan are married.

They're not married... :wink:

Enjolras-the-jaw

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:41 am

@Eppie Sue: oops :oops: Are they dating, as they were at the Olivers together?

Alternate Scenario:

Valjean: Why, you ask, Was I bound and chained In this cold and dismal place? Not for any mortal sin. But the wickedness of my abhorrent face!
People: Track down this murderer He must be found! Hunt down this murderer He must be found!
Valjean: Hounded out by everyone Met with hatred everywhere No kind words from anyone No compassion anywhere Christine, Christine, Why, why...
THIS IS NEVER AN ACCEPTABLE SCENARIO AS VALJEAN DID NOT "ASSASSINATE" JAVERT!
Javert does not say, "You shall not PASS!" in the sewer scene. :wink:
Sirius Black is not convict 24601 (even though that is the most exhausted Miz joke in history). :D
Just because Grantaire would like it does not mean that Enjolras is a "Centerfold." I will not use the point of Oliver Thornton (a former Enjolras) at the West End Bares in this discussion as well. :lol:
The workers in On Parole are not the wheat harvesters in the game Settlers of Catan.
Grantaire is not Raoul just because Hadley Fraser played them both.

Hope some of these were ok! :D I hope someone got the Settlers of Catan joke! I just got into Phantom so forgive some of the things I don't know! :oops: Enjol(ras)y!
Last edited by Enjolras-the-jaw on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At the end of the day, I dreamed a dream that whenever I was on my own in my life, I would hear the people sing with a heart full of love under the stars. Les Mis, I pledge allegiance to you.

Eppie Sue

Postby Eppie Sue » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Enjolras-the-jaw wrote:@Eppie Sue: oops :oops: Are they dating, as they were at the Olivers together?

Oh, they're very much a couple and don't make a secret of it and all that, but they're not married.
/OT

MmeFeuilly

Postby MmeFeuilly » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:49 am

Enjolras-the-Jaw wrote:
Hope some of these were ok! :D I hope someone got the Settlers of Catan joke! I just got into Phantom so forgive some of the things I don't know! :oops: Enjol(ras)y!

Catan = best game ever!

I will not call Marius Mariuth Pontmerthy because of his lisp.
I will not give Courfeyrac a walkie-talkie and hide the other one in Enjolras' room to see what happens.
I will not bedazzle Enjolras' vest.
And I will not dye all of Marius' clothes bright colors to stop him from being depressed.
I Live On Constellation Street

Phan_in_Mizland

Postby Phan_in_Mizland » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:40 am

[quote="MmeFeuilly"]I will not bedazzle Enjolras' vest.
quote]

Too late.

Jean Valjean, Jack Kelly, and Aladdin will not start a 'I stole bread' club
Comparing Newsies to Les Mis is confusing to the Mizzies, as 1899 is after 1832, and will not be done
Even if Valjean stole bread like Jack Kelly (or rather, Jack stole it like Valjean)
Even if Javert and Snyder are both cops
Even if both have musicals about young men/boys standing up for rights of the poor
Even if-----Okay, I'll stop now

Obsessed with Newsies? Me? Noooooool..l..... (trololol I love it so much!)

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:25 am

@ Enjolras-the-Jaw: I would say the most exhausted Les Mis joke in history is the one about Jacques Valjacques. Which, by the way, I am not allowed to use in front of Valjean.
-Nor will I ever translate Valjean's name, even though it would be easily possible (and I did spend a very amusing 15 minutes with La Saboteuse doing so).
-I will refrain from leaving history books around the Musain before June 1832...
-Valjean will not like the comparison to Edmond Dantès, no matter how many similarities I can find between the two. Dantès probably wouldn't like it, either.
-On the same note, comparing Abbé Faria to Monseigneur Bienvenu is not acceptable
-And Maximilian Morel is too clever to be Marius and therefore Valentine de Villefort will never be Cosette.
-If at a meeting of Les Amis, Enjolras asks what the king as ever done for us, I will not start giving answers to that question.
-I will make sure that my orthography is acceptable, before writing things like "Louis-Philippe, go home" on walls
-I will not suggest to Les Amis to rename themselves "People's Front of France" or "French People's Front". The "French popular Front" is right out.
-I will not sing "For he's a jolly god fellow" just before the National Guard shoot Enjolras
-I will not tell Valjean that he was a lucky bastard or a little jailer's pet, only because he hasn't spent five years hanging upside down from a ceiling.
-The National Guard will not retreat if I say "it" at them a lot
-And "Ni" does not make a better slogan than "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité"
-I will not use the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch at the barricade, no matter how much I want Les amis to win
-The killer rabbit would be far too risky as well.
-I will not suggest to Enjolras that they could try to counter the National Guard by insulting them with a horrible French accent
-Nor will I suggest to the other side that they could use a Trojan rabbit
-I will not tell Enjolras that I want to be in charge of the Ministry of Silly Walks in the new government
-I will never speak of any of Les amis as an "ex-Ami", no matter how true this might be
-Nobody will be interested in the "Dead Indian"-sketch (because, let's face it, it's not that funny) just because "Les Misérables" gets mentioned.
-None of the policemen in MPFC is ever to be introduced to Javert, unless I want him to kill himself much earlier...
-I will not interrupt the plot saying "and now for something completely different", just because Hugo did that half of the time (No, I will not go into a rant about how the Waterloo and sewer parts were interesting but couldn't be at a worse place in the book if they tried to)

Power failure in the lab and half of the offices, including mine, and I'm bored...
Dark sarcasm ought to be taught at schools!

Enjolras-the-jaw

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:29 pm

@Mme Feuilly: Yes someone else actually like it too! :D

I will not compare the Brick's number of pages with the complete works of Shakespeare.
"Bravo Little Gavroche you're the top of the class!" does not mean Gavroche goes to school.
Valjean is not Oldfart Valoldfart and Javert is not Poopface McSpypants (Thank you to Robyn Enjolras on fanfiction.net).
I will not make a joke of how on abaisse, Enjolras or Javert or Valjean are not words. :lol:
I will not campaign against Helena Botham Carter as Mm Thendardier in the movie in favor of Jane Lynch. :wink:
Red and Black is not the name of a (soccer) football team. (Enjolras: Saint or Sinner, again :oops: )
After Javert is killed, the Les Amis do not sing, "The Witch is dead! The wickedest witch there ever was, the enemy of all of us here in Oz is deeeead, the witch is dead!"
In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Nevile Longhbottom is not Enjolras, Harry is not Valjean, Javert is not Voldemort and no other comparisons are to be made.
I will not claim that we should show this fandom so some of my (and maybe your) friends, as they would actually put bans on this stuff. :D

LesMisPhangirl

Postby LesMisPhangirl » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:12 am

Trompe-la-Mort wrote: *snip*
-I will not interrupt the plot saying "and now for something completely different", just because Hugo did that half of the time *snip*

As someone who is reading through the Brick for the first time may I just say that was epic! Don't get me wrong! I'm enjoying reading it so far and I don't regret anything but sometimes Hugos' diversions make me want to bang my head against a wall.

As usual I have nothing else to contribute to this thread but my laughter over other peoples' posts. Sorry! If I think of something then I'll add it.
Not active on here much, lurking only when necessary, for reasons most don't need to know. Contact info's on my profile. I might be active again later. I don't know. Until then lovelies!

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:51 am

I am not allowed to bring a laryngeal mirror and penlight over to check everyone's larynx, tonsils, or upper respiratory system.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:43 am

Especially not Joly's...

-Even if I had a bit of a déjà-vu when I first heard Enjolras' name (there was a race driver of that same name, in case you never heard of him, which is rather probable), that does not mean that the whole book is a glitch in the Matrix. From which follows that I will not allow Malkovich's coat to remind me of Morpheus'...
-I will not show the '92 cartoon to any of the characters, because it will reduce even Javert and Enjolras to tears.
-I will never even be tempted to introduce any Les Mis character to Pratchett's "Night Watch", no matter how many similarities I or other people have seen.
-I will not tell the characters that they are fictional and then temptingly leave a copy of "Sophie's World" around. Even if they get out, I will not able to see or hear them, so what good does it do me anyway?
And because of a problem that my institute currently has...
-The barricade is not the place to fight for more research funding...
Dark sarcasm ought to be taught at schools!

Enjolras-the-jaw

Postby Enjolras-the-jaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 am

In an attempt to revitalize this thread, and because I want my 100th post to go here, here's what I've got.

I will not write a fic with the pairing Enjoras/flag.
For that matter, I will not write an explicit sex scene between Enjolras and Patria.
Valjean does not have amnesia and know exactly "Who he is" and "What he has done." :D
Joly's cane is not a representation of other things... :wink:
I will not say to the Les Amis that they are a "blast from the past" (this might not be that good, so forgive me if it is not. Blast is like the cannon at the barricade if that makes you get it.)
(I am a Philadelphia Eagles fan) The fact that I cheer for the Eagles (Napoleon) does not make me an enemy of the Les Amis. :P
There is no equivalent for Carlotta from Phantom in Les Misérables, and I should stop trying to find one.
I will not contemplate reasons why Valjean wants Javert to, "Look Down!"

Hope these were satisfactory on my 100th post. :D Enjoy!

Séraphine

Postby Séraphine » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Merry Christmas at the barricades! :lol:

-I will not put up a Christmas tree at the barricades and make everyone sing cheesy Christmas songs.
-I mustn't force Les Amis to kiss under a mistletoe.
-I won't give Marius a Cosette-doll as Christmas present and Valjean doesn't wish for a loaf of bread.
-I will not try to persuade Enjolras that having a snowball fight with the National Guard would be much better than fighting with guns.

And what's Grantaire singing after he drank too much mulled wine?

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you.

(He's obviously referring to Enjolras) ;D
Be young, have fun, taste Courfeyrac. ;D

LastAmi

Postby LastAmi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:33 pm

-- I will not spend meetings at the Cafe Musain staring at Joly concernedly.
-- In the event that I am caught, I will not defend my actions by making up a scary exotic disease.
-- I will not convince the other Amis to act as though they know all about said disease.
-- I will not say Enjolras's barricade speech before him. Especially if he's got the gun.
-- I will not sing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" while Enjolras and Grantaire are in front of the firing squad.
-- I will not let it become a full song-and-dance number, complete with can-can.
-- I will not use "Run away!" as a command at the barricade.
-- I will not pointedly stare at the prices of loafs of bread when Valjean is doing his shopping.
-- I will not repeatedly refer to Enjolras as "Captain Sparkle".
-- I will not do the above to his face.
The rich are rich, the poor are poor,
But whichever they are, they all want more.

The voice of the people cannot be and will not be and must not be denied

Return to “Forum Games”