The Good Karma Thread

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
between4walls

Re: The Good Karma Thread

Postby between4walls » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:08 pm

Found a rather battered but unread French copy of Quatre-vingt treize on my mom's bookshelves! The cover might fall off if I try reading it, but still...
Here day embraces night, and says: I will die with you and you will be reborn with me. From the heavy embrace of all desolations springs faith.

The real name of devotion is disinterestedness.

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:06 am

So, while I was at camp I sort of was just feeling really really awful one night and ended up talking to my counsellor, and then talking to my other counsellor the next day, and just basically told them, like, literally everything. And it felt really good to do that.

And then they were like, hey, we care about you and we're going to make camp awesome for you (success) and we're also going to try to help you when you get home. And were just really awesome and lovely and sweet and understanding and I miss them already.

But like, all the tears and secrets and stories came pouring out and I feel like I can talk to them and it was great.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:26 am

So glad you got to do that, Rachel. I hope that the rest of the summer will be awesome for you.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:13 am

Oh R, that is amazing :D Counselors do care deeply for you :)

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bring ... white-hart

I can't hold in my excitement! :D
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:43 am

That's great, Emjolras!

I mean, it's kind of their job to care about you, but I've been going to camp for five years (not this one though) and they were just above and beyond and really really awesome.

Quotes to live by:

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Currently freaking out with happiness. One of my youngest amies (a girl who was a few years below me at school but we became close anyway) is moving into my neighborhood this weekend. Great to finally have an old friend back.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Yay, that's awesome! :D I'm really happy for you Relly, and from what you've been saying elsewhere, I think you'll appreciate having an old friend around at the moment :)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:04 pm

That is so awesome Aurelia! :)
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 pm

Yeah it's going to be nice. I won't be seeing her as much as I'd like since she's a law student nowadays, but it's just good to know someone is not very far away.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Unfortunately for me, my beloved Pontiac Grand Am has fallen on its very, very last legs and needs to be junked because I'm not going to cough up three grand for the sake of fixing up a crappy car that's only going to fall apart again within a year.

... but fortunately for me, the special effects coordinator I've worked with a couple times is taking it off my hands to keep at his shop. Next time he needs a car to blow up for a movie or a series, my Grand Am's going sky-high! Wooh!
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

WhoIam

Postby WhoIam » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:24 pm

That's awesome! :D
All the world's a party, and I'm usually the awkward wallflower in the corner with a glass of water and a copy of Les Mis.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:43 pm

That's so cool, Havvy!

Today while I was en route out of the school comp lab, I ran into a junior intern friend of mine who was on the same mission team with me last summer. We got to catch up and I got to confide in him about some of the down feelings I've been having about being a med missioner (owing to some slight issues over the summer with some of the people on the team). He helped me get a new perspective, a rather more affirming one on the matter. It was a talk that I didn't really know I needed till I got there. And well it was an hour well spent. I'm going to miss that friend when he finishes his rotation in a few weeks.

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Alright, Havvy, that is awesome!

I'm in London right now and LeakyCon starts tomorrow! Ahhhh!

Quotes to live by:

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:35 am

Have fun Rachel!

As trivial as this is....we have hot water again in the house!! I can finally find a way to get warm after walking home through rainstorms.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:07 pm

That's great, Aurelia! And Rachel, that's awesome. :D

We finally found effective flea meds for the new puppy, so now she isn't scratching every ten seconds and isn't leaving them everywhere. :mrgreen:

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Return to “General Discussion”