The Good Karma Thread

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Re: The Good Karma Thread

Postby freedomlover » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Finished one summer class, hopefully finishing the other today :D
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:45 am

Classes called off! Dry feet for me today!!
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:41 am

Havvy: That is so cool I don't even know where to begin. :mrgreen:

Aurelia: I'm so glad you were able to sit down and have a much needed talk with someone you haven't seen in awhile. :) Also glad that your warm water is back and that you have a free day from classes!

Rachel: Have loads of fun at LeakyCon!!! :D

Gervais: Yay for Angel! :D Glad you'll be able to get him rid of those pesky fleas!

Em: Awesome! :)
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:45 am

Yeah. Things have been rough but the free time and memories are good.

And it was nice to just talk to that friend of mine without any awkwardness since our entire mission trip, we were being 'shipped' together, but it was so uncomfortable for me. At least this time we were able to meet without anyone making jokes.

Good karma (despite the mess that has been my week): triple update week for my fic, and coming home in the midmorning to a whole potful of chocolate rice porridge (champorado). YUM!
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:56 am

That does sound really nice. Glad things were still comfortable between you two, despite others teasing and joking making things awkward during the missions trip.

That sounds really good, and warm!

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:01 am

Yeah, that was honestly quite a relief. It's a good thing my friend takes it in stride and is very respectful about the matter. And I managed to get this same buddy of mine hooked on spoken word poetry by sending him a link to a recording of Ginsberg reading "Howl". :D

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:05 am

That is great that he's able to be that way! :) Oh man, Ginsberg is so fantastic. You're responsible for my Ginsberg love too!

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:08 am

That brings up to three the people who I know have gotten hooked on Ginsberg thanks to my going on about it. One of those people already outdid me, and is now a far better spoken word poet than he is a novelist (and he was already a badass novelist when we met!)

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:11 am

That is so awesome! :)

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:16 am

Yep! That friend (the novelist-turned-poet) and I might be fronting for a band this August 30. The owner of a cafe we frequent asked us to bring our spoken word pieces, after she let us record some of our stuff just for the fun of it. :D :D I still have to finish my newest piece up and rehearse it so I don't embarrass myself on the 30th.

That spoken word bit is such a release since I'm the only one in my family who really does it (though my parents also have the talent). I don't do it often, but when I do it's exhilarating.

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:17 am

:mrgreen: Congratulations!! That is awesome!

Being on the receiving end of really good spoken word poetry can be a major release too, so thank you for choosing to share this poetry. :)

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:20 am

It can be nerve-wracking since my friend and I like to read about stuff that our parents would object to or raise their eyebrows at. My buddy is an LGBT activist, for one thing.

And as for what I read, here's a sample of a 'character piece' I read last time: http://1832redux.livejournal.com/15838.html

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:31 am

That's always scary. It seems like no matter how independent we become, it is still really hard to get out of the fear of what our parents will think about things.

That was so beautiful, Aurelia. <3

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 am

Oh yeah. I'm in my mid 20s and yet sometimes the influence is too strong.

Thanks! It's written technically in the universe of what I'm working on, and it was fun to get a little lost in character while reading it.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:44 am

So, today has been a very good day, seeing as I met one of my favourite people in the universe and all, but there is one thing that really got me smiling tonight...

I've mentioned once or twice before that I have a Bahorel friend. Good working class boy and a strapping lad, proud and highly vocal leftie working as a government lawyer these days which is doubly hilarious because he's supposed to be politically neutral and not rushing off to demonstrations any more, so mostly he just rants privately and loudly about Tories.

So he came and said hi to me just as I was planning to go to bed. And rather than tearing down any church flyers, he told me that today he swore at a cabinet minister. And no, not in the yelling in the street at one or anything. He works at a pretty high level, so sees prominent politicians on a regular basis (there was also the time where the old Chancellor slipped on a wet floor in the foyer of his building and my dear Bahorel stood there pointing and laughing as the 2nd most powerful man in the country fell on his arse). So apparently this particular cabinet minister who we utterly loathe was too busy fiddling with his blackberry to look where he was going and walked straight into my Bahorel. Cue a rather expletive-filled and *very* loud rant from my boy. Cabinet Minister slunk away silently.

And my Bahorel never wears his official pass when he's at work, so nobody would know who he was as he yelled and swore at this person who very much deserves to be yelled and sworn at :lol:
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Return to “General Discussion”