The Good Karma Thread

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Aurelia Combeferre

Re: The Good Karma Thread

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 am

Congrats everyone! And good luck to you Sam!
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Had a great semester- saw Les Mis on stage twice, had a great group of amis I went to coffee shops and hung out with, did well in my studies, had a grader that was a bit unfair- than the professor fixed it, discussing politics in cafes, saw Handel's Messiah, got amazing grades on all my finals.
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

LauraLeZunzu

Postby LauraLeZunzu » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:13 am

I lately have no time for nothing since I'm in exams, but I managed to have time to say hi here and to tell... one of my gifts on Christsmas was a huge huge book of Mythology!! Aww I'm so happy!! With many many illustration most of I have studied in art History... and I was, since I read Hugo, hoping to get a good book about mythology, and this one not only cover classical but myths from all over the world! :D (I'll have to wait a month to read it but bah, I finally have it and that motivates me to study exams :D )

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:10 am

It's so quiet in this corner. :(

But. Well. I'm a current high school senior, to give the following some context.

Fall of freshman year, my friends and I were at a football game, and since the game was pretty boring (our school' steam is far from the best), we were just talking and somehow the topic turned to sexuality. I'd figured out a little while before that I was into guys and girls, so I mention that I'm bi and get a generally good response from most of my friends. But there was that one person that said "I don't think so," and about half an hour of discussion later led to me saying "You're right" and pretty much putting myself back in the closet to those friends and myself for about a year and a half, until I developed a major crush on a girl and realized, whoops, still bi. (I feel like I should mention nothing else came of that crush).

Fast forward to this year, senior year, and I'm talking with a younger male friend, a sophomore, at another boring football game. Again, the subject turned to sexuality. He tells me that he's gay, I tell him about myself, and we have easily an hour of conversation about support sources, who to trust and who not to at school, when we'll tell our parents, and things like that. It's just so different than my freshman year, and I love it, I absolutely love it.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:49 pm

The interlibrary loan got the F/M translation to the local library in only one day. Yay for them! Librarians rule.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Return to “General Discussion”