The Rant thread

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
User avatar
TheRandomPhangirl
Posts: 2828
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:24 pm
Location: So far in the closet I could be in blimmin Narnia

Re: The Rant thread

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:24 pm

It looked a bit lacklustre, also he'd tried to do it up and it was a bit small for him. (Our Enjolras is really tall and broad considering he's a rugby player)
Nevertheless, wev'e sorted it now with some more braiding and buttons, and changed his trousers from cream to black and oh god, does it look better. I've mentioned to the producer that he still needs a plain waistcoat and black tailcoat for Paris, but they can sort that out.

New rant, again les mis related, this time more of the 'good lord I'm an idiot' caliber- I've finally done it, I've finally tripped over the barricade, and we're not even in the theatre yet. I was climbing down it for ALFOR, got my foot caught with my coat, then proceeded to crash into Marius and cover us both with my death blood. *facepalm* well done jules, you're a clumsy idiot, congrats.
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

User avatar
Olivia_y
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:36 pm
Location: London

Re: The Rant thread

Postby Olivia_y » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:38 am

Does it bother anyone else when the audience boo during curtain calls? I hate it when they do it to Javert, but even with the Thenardiers I don't think it's appropriate; these are actors taking their bows, it's not a pantomime!

User avatar
CC21106
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The Rant thread

Postby CC21106 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Olivia_y wrote:Does it bother anyone else when the audience boo during curtain calls? I hate it when they do it to Javert, but even with the Thenardiers I don't think it's appropriate; these are actors taking their bows, it's not a pantomime!

Yes, that's inappropriate. If they did such a good job as to be hated, they should get more applause.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

User avatar
CC21106
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The Rant thread

Postby CC21106 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Stupid Avast! It wanted to load a Chrome extension on Chrome that had just crashed and restarted, so the "Restore tabs" didn't work and I lost every tab I had open. I can't remember the name of the book I was reading... something about low life in Paris. A classic, evidently. Anybody find that familiar and could give me the name? It has a nobleman disguising himself as a crook.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

User avatar
23623
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:08 am

Re: The Rant thread

Postby 23623 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:15 pm

I know no one will understand this but I need to rant about it anyway. Is it weird that I'm so attached to the original production of a musical to the point that I can hardly accept anything that deviates from it? I'm only 3 years into that fandom, but sometimes I really can't help but feel frustrated at all the ridiculous changes to the original script and disappointing casting choices the subsequent productions made. Ok, I'm not even an old fan who has been following the show since its premiere so it might appear a bit hypocritical, but I REALLY HATE...some things they did. Seriously those script changes...it's been years and I don't think they'd ever change it back but I still can't not rant about this. :cry:

This year is actually a big anniversary and I've been secretly waiting for something exciting for aaaaages but I facepalmed as soon as I saw the cast announcement. Ugh.

Sorry for the rant that probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me. :oops:
Revolution, but civilization

User avatar
Prisoner 24653
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: The Rant thread

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:48 pm

23623 wrote:I know no one will understand this but I need to rant about it anyway. Is it weird that I'm so attached to the original production of a musical to the point that I can hardly accept anything that deviates from it? I'm only 3 years into that fandom, but sometimes I really can't help but feel frustrated at all the ridiculous changes to the original script and disappointing casting choices the subsequent productions made. Ok, I'm not even an old fan who has been following the show since its premiere so it might appear a bit hypocritical, but I REALLY HATE...some things they did. Seriously those script changes...it's been years and I don't think they'd ever change it back but I still can't not rant about this. :cry:

This year is actually a big anniversary and I've been secretly waiting for something exciting for aaaaages but I facepalmed as soon as I saw the cast announcement. Ugh.

Sorry for the rant that probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me. :oops:

Sei bereit... (yay, hint dropping! :wink: It's a certain Austrian vampire musical, for those who are curious.)

*looks up the cast list* Oy, you weren't kidding. Think I'm more interested in certain names in the ensemble than the principal cast (with the ensemble including Fernand Delosch, who I liked in POTO; and also Robert D. Marx and Alex Di Capri, who have previously played Krolock -- wonder which of them would be the main understudy for Krolock?).

User avatar
23623
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:08 am

Re: The Rant thread

Postby 23623 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:40 am

Prisoner 24653 wrote:Sei bereit... (yay, hint dropping! :wink: It's a certain Austrian vampire musical, for those who are curious.)

*looks up the cast list* Oy, you weren't kidding. Think I'm more interested in certain names in the ensemble than the principal cast (with the ensemble including Fernand Delosch, who I liked in POTO; and also Robert D. Marx and Alex Di Capri, who have previously played Krolock -- wonder which of them would be the main understudy for Krolock?).


I KNOW, RIGHT? I should probably stop being bitter about the script changes, since there must be folks who are just there for the K/S and/or A/H and don't care much about deep thoughts. But the Krolock casting...I seriously can't. It's ok to make a mistake once. It's not ok to make the same mistake over and over again for 10 years. :x Why do they still keep casting the same people who aren't even the best for the role, while there are in fact lots of other talented actors who do have the potential?

Honestly though, TdV is really not what it was twenty years ago. There are some Alfreds who I think are ok if we go by the new TdV standard, but none of them can give me the vibe of the original TdV with Aris Sas. On the other hand, recent Sarahs are of better quality in general. The script changes (sorry I just said I should stop whining) have a lot to do with this. They've already butchered Alfred's character and made K/S somewhat an official pairing. The show has become more lighthearted than what is appropriate. Ugh, I miss the old days. :cry:

Robert D. Marx and Alex Di Capri? If they were in the cast then I'd have something to feel excited for! :shock: Was I looking at the wrong cast list?
Revolution, but civilization

User avatar
Prisoner 24653
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: The Rant thread

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:38 pm

23623 wrote:
Prisoner 24653 wrote:Sei bereit... (yay, hint dropping! :wink: It's a certain Austrian vampire musical, for those who are curious.)

*looks up the cast list* Oy, you weren't kidding. Think I'm more interested in certain names in the ensemble than the principal cast (with the ensemble including Fernand Delosch, who I liked in POTO; and also Robert D. Marx and Alex Di Capri, who have previously played Krolock -- wonder which of them would be the main understudy for Krolock?).


I KNOW, RIGHT? I should probably stop being bitter about the script changes, since there must be folks who are just there for the K/S and/or A/H and don't care much about deep thoughts. But the Krolock casting...I seriously can't. It's ok to make a mistake once. It's not ok to make the same mistake over and over again for 10 years. :x Why do they still keep casting the same people who aren't even the best for the role, while there are in fact lots of other talented actors who do have the potential?

Honestly though, TdV is really not what it was twenty years ago. There are some Alfreds who I think are ok if we go by the new TdV standard, but none of them can give me the vibe of the original TdV with Aris Sas. On the other hand, recent Sarahs are of better quality in general. The script changes (sorry I just said I should stop whining) have a lot to do with this. They've already butchered Alfred's character and made K/S somewhat an official pairing. The show has become more lighthearted than what is appropriate. Ugh, I miss the old days. :cry:


*sighs sadly* Yeah... I don't think I have anything to add. I agree completely. :(

Robert D. Marx and Alex Di Capri? If they were in the cast then I'd have something to feel excited for! :shock: Was I looking at the wrong cast list?


Hmm... This is the cast list I was looking at. Not sure if that was the most current one, though. I just Googled 'Tanz der Vampire Wien' and that was the top hit that seemed like it might be current. XD

User avatar
23623
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:08 am

Re: The Rant thread

Postby 23623 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Prisoner 24653 wrote:Hmm... This is the cast list I was looking at. Not sure if that was the most current one, though. I just Googled 'Tanz der Vampire Wien' and that was the top hit that seemed like it might be current. XD

*pats Prisoner 24653 on the shoulder* Oh dear that was the notorious revival! The correct cast list is the one I linked, but it isn't any better.
Drew Sarich and Thomas Borchert should be banned from this show already. :evil: I'm sorry Acaila, I really like Drew Sarich as Valjean but TdV is another story. :oops: And Mark Seibert? Really guys? Never get why he has so many fans. I dislike him from the moment I heard him on the Elisabeth 20th anniversary recording.

New rant. So, a while ago I finally caught up with the 21st century and got myself a tumblr account. And I made a huge mistake that was following the Les Mis tag. :evil: I thought tumblr was a good source for quality stuff (photos, audios, etc) but everything I found in the Les Mis tag was just total nonsense. I'M SO ANNOYED. :evil:
Revolution, but civilization

User avatar
Olivia_y
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:36 pm
Location: London

Re: The Rant thread

Postby Olivia_y » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:58 pm

23623 wrote:New rant. So, a while ago I finally caught up with the 21st century and got myself a tumblr account. And I made a huge mistake that was following the Les Mis tag. :evil: I thought tumblr was a good source for quality stuff (photos, audios, etc) but everything I found in the Les Mis tag was just total nonsense. I'M SO ANNOYED. :evil:

Yeah most photos tend to be from the movie, it's the same with the character tags as well. Either that or E/R stuff.

User avatar
23623
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:08 am

Re: The Rant thread

Postby 23623 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:51 am

Ugh, so many bad things have happened recently. :( :cry:

This is the shortest rant I've ever ranted but trust me it would take several pages to explain everything in detail and I don't think anyone could really understand that but I really need to rant so...here's a rant.
Revolution, but civilization

User avatar
CC21106
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The Rant thread

Postby CC21106 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:04 am

23623 wrote:Ugh, so many bad things have happened recently. :( :cry:

I'm sorry things are tough right now and hope they get better soon.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

User avatar
freedomlover
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:47 am
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Re: The Rant thread

Postby freedomlover » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Why is it so hard to find jobs?

I've been looking since August 2016 when my amazing internship in Paris ended... and it stinks being in my hometown, away from Paris and away from my university's town. I feel so trapped here and its annoying even hearing about protests in the capital city that i'm too far away from. I want to be back in Paris, or back at my university's city or in DC..

I feel like my heart is in a few places and none of them are my hometown- the town I always wanted to escape but now am back in...

I've applied constantely to jobs, almost got this one job- but a girl whose father worked there got it instead (she had less experience than I, and wasn't even in that field)


I finally got a parttime local minimum wage job, but it doesn't give me enough for grad school in August... ugh. I'm grateful I have it, but i'm still around my hometown seeing the same sights and same everything...


I feel like no matter what I do my credentials aren't there, with 2 BA degrees and 3 languages but still not impressive enough...

I wish the government could force employers to give every graduate a job in their field of study, or at least universities should be forced to pay back student debt if you can't find work.
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

User avatar
deHavilland
Posts: 4843
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Contact:

Re: The Rant thread

Postby deHavilland » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:39 pm

freedomlover wrote:I wish the government could force employers to give every graduate a job in their field of study, or at least universities should be forced to pay back student debt if you can't find work.


I wish the government would subsidize health care for people who are actively on the verge of death.

Image
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

User avatar
freedomlover
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:47 am
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Re: The Rant thread

Postby freedomlover » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:42 pm

deHavilland wrote:
freedomlover wrote:I wish the government could force employers to give every graduate a job in their field of study, or at least universities should be forced to pay back student debt if you can't find work.


I wish the government would subsidize health care for people who are actively on the verge of death.

Image


J'accorde. Talk to Citoyen Orange.

my political views didn't change that much in 4 years right? lets see...
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron